shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me eval these 2.1 RB specs!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pleezd

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I''m about to pull the trigger on an E-stone, and everything I know says to go for it....as does the jeweler I''m working with (who I trust). I''ve just gotten so much help from lurking these boards over the last several months that I thought I''d hit you all up one last time for your expertise before making this purchase.

The Sarin info:

Round AGS 2.13ct

Diam: 8.39mm (8.37-8.41)
Depth: 5.01mm 59.7%
Crown: 33.1 13.6%
Pavil: 40.9 43.1%
Table: 4.86mm 57.9%
Culet: 1.4% small
Girdle:1.0%thin 1.7%medium 1.4%

It''s a "G" SI1 (supposedly eyeclean -- I''ll check it out).

AGS cut is 1
HCA cut is .8 (with 4 ''excellents'' -- in the TIC range)
AGA cut is 1B (if I calculated that correctly)

price - 18400

sounds good to me. Ideas? Am I missing anything??

thanks!! (for hopefully the last time
2.gif
)

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Seems really beautiful to me
1.gif
1.gif
!
Just check if it's eye clean or not... Who graded it? GIA? Can you post polish and symmetry ratings?

pleezd

Rough_Rock
I'm trying to get a little clarification on the cert. I was told it was AGS (haven't seen it yet), but also told that the polish/symm were GIA ex/ex. I know it's a little confusing, but I'm trying to get more info...

in any case, it's definitely either AGS or GIA, as my jeweler knows not to show me any other stones.

thanks!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Maybe it's a GIA with a Sarin report... Is it H&A?
Being purchased locally (am I right?), the price sounds very good. You can find similar stones on the internet for about 8000 to 8500$/ct, which is pretty close to yours, at 8600/ct... Is it good looking? Have you seen it?

pleezd

Rough_Rock
you're right, of course
2.gif

it IS gia with sarin.

actually, NOT being purchased locally....but rather through a broker who's acquiring it for me. I don't doubt I could get a cheaper stone with the same weight/color/clarity....I just don't know if I can get those HCA/AGA/AGS scores for much cheaper. I have not yet seen it, but will in a couple of days. I'm ordering it to preview. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.....

thanks!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Thank you
1.gif
! It should be really stunning! Let your eyes decide, don't rely totally on all these numbers!
1.gif

pleezd

Rough_Rock
and it's not sold as H&A......

but I'm wondering, with 'excellent' symmetry, and great cut grades, might I see them anyway?

I guess I'll find out soon...

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Actually GIA grades external symmetry, while H&A refers to internal symmetry. Probably you'll see some kind of pattern, but most probably not a very, very good one (otherwise they'd be selling you as H&A and would ask more money
9.gif
)...

pleezd

Rough_Rock
but you think the price is ok? Another jeweler indicated I was overpaying for this - WAY overpaying, in his words!

am I?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Maybe he's green with envy cause you're not buying from him!
9.gif

The price sounds about right, maybe it's a bit on the high side, but surely you're not waaaaaaaay overpaying!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results