shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me design earrings!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got about 16-20 small natural FCDs (mixtures of cut/colours). Each of the FCDs are about 3mm and above. I've got pears, cushions, trilliants, ovals, marquise and rounds in olive, yellow, pinks and purplish pinks.

I thought I had decided on a design but I'm having doubts. The things I do know:-

1. I want white gold.
2. I want earrings that have a drop but not chandelier as I want to be able to wear these during the day or evening.
3. They have to be for pierced ears.
4. I have mostly matched pairs (some differences in saturation and cut/size) but good enough to be matched on the other side of my head! :bigsmile:

Please can you post your multi gem favourite earrings or help me with inspiration! I'm at a loss!

pixies

Shiny_Rock
23rd Street Jewelry has some amazing pieces. They have the earrings divided into different color sections so make sure you check them all out. They have many earrings that incorporate various shapes of diamonds. It could get the gears turning for you ;-)!
http://www.23rdstreetjewelers.com/Earrings.aspx

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
This sounds like a wonderful project, LD. Could you post photos of the stones you are thinking about using?

Pixies, that's a great link, so much to look at!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are 8 I can get my hands on to photograph! We're in the process of decorating and I can't get into the room to get the others at the moment but hopefully this helps a little.

I've divided them into two groups of 4 (sort of paired up) but there will be more than this:

IMG_9004.JPG

IMG_9005.JPG

IMG_9008.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
Very pretty diamonds. It's amazing you got such a lovely set of matched stones!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are a couple inspiration pics I had saved of multi stone items...

tiffncoearrings.jpg

Sapphire necklace from Tiffany.JPG

Perfect earrings.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL - it's taken me years to get matched pairs! I buy one, forget about it and then hopefully another comes along at some point!!!

Freke - thank you. The bottom picture may work but I'm thinking solid metal and perhaps bezelling the diamonds?

I guess I'm looking for non-traditional designs but am open to anything!!!!

How about something like this?

Earring design2.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I like that design, LD. Are you preferring the angular, modern look to something that's a little more organic and swirly?

How about something like this?

imgpiece.php.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Preg - I really like those earrings but don't think they will drop enough and the diamonds are small so it would be difficult to get the same effect. I do love them though!

Aoife - I love that design. I don't like the shepherds hooks but I guess I could substitute them with a piece of metal and then randomly bezel the diamonds around the bottom (a bit like an upside down flower). You've got me thinking!

How about this?

Earrings design 3.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
LovingDiamonds|1312138804|2981154 said:
Preg - I really like those earrings but don't think they will drop enough and the diamonds are small so it would be difficult to get the same effect. I do love them though!

Aoife - I love that design. I don't like the shepherds hooks but I guess I could substitute them with a piece of metal and then randomly bezel the diamonds around the bottom (a bit like an upside down flower). You've got me thinking!

How about this?

Oh, yes, I like that a lot! I think you're on to something.

Could you lay out your stones in that configuration to see how they look?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1312139952|2981161 said:
LovingDiamonds|1312138804|2981154 said:

How about this?

Oh, yes, I like that a lot! I think you're on to something.

Could you lay out your stones in that configuration to see how they look?

Yes I will. I can't get into the room until mid week when we move furniture back into the rooms that are being decorated but then I'll get to it! Thanks for your suggestion. I like that very much.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
A drop cluster earring would look beautiful!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I had to post the earrings so PS would have a record of them. It would be a shame if the link became inactive.

AspreyFCDcluster.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
How's the redecorating coming, LD? I can come help you move furniture so you can get to your FCD's.....

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Aoife's design... wires are fine but they tend to bend and hurt ears unless they are very well-made.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm useless with earring designs but wow, LD, your earring sketch is modern and unique.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1312296437|2982282 said:
How's the redecorating coming, LD? I can come help you move furniture so you can get to your FCD's.....

Decorating done but furniture is still in the way! However, I've found a photo of some others I can use. I was going to use these in my FCD bracelet that I had made but didn't end up using them all - the ones with the crosses have been used.

In addition to these, there are 2 or 3 olive green pears, 2(?) brownish/orange cushions, 2 olive green ovals and a few others that I've never taken photos of. I'm not going to use them all otherwise I'd have very long ear-lobes but will picks the ones that co-ordinate and match well enough.

Diamonds for earrings.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results