shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me design an engagement ring!!

xbeth04

Rough_Rock
So I recently got a custom made bracelet from a designer named Kamni Verma. My partner and I are getting engaged, but I need some help designing a ring. I want to go into my meeting with some idea about what I want, but I am totally clueless. I want a ring that looks good on my fingers ( I wear a ring size 9) but I don't want to spend a fortune. I am so confused: gold, rose gold, white gold, platinum, shank, split shank, insert ring, halo, no halo :wall: :wall: :wall: I need some help. Any ideas??? I don't want something dainty of gaudy..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAdrNkFABYX/

I saw this it looked pretty, super expensive but pretty. I think it's a bit too plain. But I like the diamond in it.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, you'll probably get more replies if you post this in the Rocky Talky forum- you can either start a new thread in Rocky Talky or click Report in the upper right and ask the admins to move your thread to that forum.

Re designing a ring, go to a few jewellers who've got a decent selection of all the styles you're considering and try things on. Get a feeling for what you like and don't like on your hand and what feels comfortable etc. Also if you're looking online, set up a Pinterest page and pin everything you see that you like. Caption it with the specific features that you like. After a while you'll get a sense of what you like and that can help you work out a more coherent design.
I did that when looking for my engagement ring and what I ended up with (solitaire OEC with fishtail prongs and baguette accents) was completely different to what I thought I liked (filigree, target-style halo and lots of engraving).

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps you could post pics of the bracelet and design elements from it could be incorporated into the ring so that they match.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results