shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decorate?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prettylnpink419

Shiny_Rock
So as I''ve shared in my previous threads, I''m going to be moving before the end of March. I looked at this great condo for rent yesterday and I really really like it. I put in my rental application so I''m waiting to hear back about it. It''ll be my first time ever renting alone. I''ve lived alone before for a while when my ex moved out, prior to having a roommate move in and I really got used to it so I''m starting to get excited. Now it''s just a matter of finding the place.

It would have been great had my BF been able to buy a house right now but it just wasn''t in the cards for us, not yet anyway. I''m really keeping my fingers crossed about this condo though, I''ve already started thinking about how I would decorate it!

Anyway, the point behind this thread is...where do you ladies shop? What are your favorite home decorating stores? Where do you find your favorite pieces? I''m looking for new furniture (specifically a headboard for my queen size bed), but I''m also looking for anything cool and unique that would add a great vibe to my new place (Where ever I end up.) I''m looking to decorate with a very girly feel since it''ll be my first place by myself, maybe somewhat of a hollywood glam feel to it. I love pink and black, but my favorite color is purple. I''m also a fan of silver. I''m kind of all over the place right now b/c I''m just starting to get so excited. I wanted to see if you ladies had any suggestions or ideas to help me decorate? I''m looking for new bedding, bathroom stuff, pretty much whatever. I''m just in the mood to completely do away with the old and start fresh. A few years back I lost everything I had in a fire so most of what I have is donated and none of it really matches plus a lot of it just seems too teen-like. I want something more my style and that actually matches.

(I know this probably doesn''t really belong on the LIW forum but it''s the only one I really post on!)
12.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
crate and barrel! Pottery Barn...
But it really depends on what look you are going for!
OOO this is such fun!
36.gif

ETA: if you want cheaper things and have one close by... IKEA has some stuff that can last you a couple of years,but isnt top notch in the quality dept.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like much fun! Hmmm....when my boyfriend got his condo, we shopped ALL over to get the stuff he has inside. It looks really great. He got the rugs in the living room from Target. We got various pictures on the walls from mostly Kohl''s and Michaels. Got bathroom rugs and towels from JCPenny...

I''d suggest finding a look that you really want to go with first, this gives you a better idea of what to look for when out shopping. Then suddenly, everything starts to come together. You don''t have to go to just one store. Try all of them!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I''m always very pleasantly surprised when I check out Target.com for furniture purchases. I also found a shelf the other day on overstock.com. Apart from those 2, I usually buy furniture at West Elm or Crate & Barrel, sometimes IKEA.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I really like TJ Maxx (home goods) and Target as my top two. I have bought several comforters and quilts from TJ Maxx. Target''s fluffy (I like fluffy) towels go on sale a lot and a pretty cheap. They come in ALL sorts of colors. I have an outlet where I live that used to have bedroom/bathroom home stuff in it. I got my shower curtain there. Do you have any pictures of ideas or anything? I like to find a picture of a space I like and recreate it by finding similar products on sale. :)

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Homegoods, Marshall''s, Target, Tuesday Morning, and Sam''s Club!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love Crate & Barrel and CB2. CB2 has a lot of funky, chic pieces and does a lot of the same things as regular Crate & Barrel except in bright fun colors. My old roommate and I spent hours and hours in that store and bought more stuff than we could carry.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
IKEA!!! can''t beat the prices!

i also loooove crate & barrel. they''ve got beautiful things.

i''m so excited for you! when i lived alone i went crazy with the decorating! it''s one of my favorite things to do.

go NUTS with it! go all out girlie with the pink and purple and girlie prints cause when you and your guy buy a home together eventually you''re gonna have to compromise on the decorating
20.gif

so you gotta get that stuff outta your system and have fun with it hehe
3.gif

9.gif

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
Ikea, Cost Plus and goodwill. I always find the best glasses and platewear at goodwill.
I also love target and fred meyers for basic cheap-o stuff (towels)

PrincessLily2009

Rough_Rock
I was at JoAnn Fabrics the other day, and I noticed that they had some super fun, girly furniture and decorations. Also, wakeupfrankie.com specializes in girly bedroom decor. The site is totally geared towards 12 year olds, but some of their stuff is really cool.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love World Market. I love it SO MUCH.

But then, my decorating style is "This is what it would look like if somebody took an extended trip around the world and their suitcase exploded when they got home."

Except my bedroom. My bedroom is my private, girly space. I do a lot of white with colours, and the best deal on decent white bedroom furniture is IKEA. It won''t last forever, but it''s great starter/guest room furniture. (BF has more heavy, dark taste in furniture, which I love in every room but my bedroom, but is eventually what our bedroom will look like.)

KatM

Shiny_Rock
^^yeah, world market is cool.

i also like the decorating stuff that i see on the urban outfitters and anthropologie websites. kind of pretty, a little funky (and expensive sometimes)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

Just wanted to ditto World Market.

That store is AMAZING! We''ve found so many cool things there! I shop it online all the time too.

IKEA is nice for super cheap ways to add some style.

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
Yes. World Market, CB2 and West Elm!!

Crate and Barrel, PB, WS are also yummy.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Love Crate and Barrel, West Elm, and Target. But try to look around for small, local stores too - its really nice to have unique and quirky touches that really make it "yours"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results