shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indiana Mike

Rough_Rock
These 3 diamonds are Blue Nile Signature cut.(There best cut)carat..1.29 1st..$6138.2nd.$5996.3rd.$6817
Princess cut
color..h
clarity..SI1
depth..65.9
table..72
sym..very good
polish .ex.
girdle..med. to slightly thick
crown..9.5
carat..1.26
Prin. cut
color..h
clarity..SI1
depth..65.1
table..72
sym...very good
polisg..very good
girdle...med.
crown..9.2
carat..1.27
prin.cut
color ..h
clarity..vs1
depth..69.6
table..67
sym..very good
polish...ex.
girdle..thin to med.
crown..10.6

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All three are nice...by any standard. The third stone is deeper, so it would look smaller than the others. Most likely, all three are eye clean (given size), despite the difference in clarity grades. To make sure about this, it would be great to actually see the stone, and if this is not possible, at least drop the Q with the vendor (for what this is worth, they might not have the stones in stock themselves) or take alook at the inclusion plots on their certs: hopefully none of the stones would have something huge in the middle of the table (this is very unlikely for an SI1).

Unfortunately, there are no hard numbers to tell wether these princesses have nice light return and sparkle (something quite sacred on Pricescope) in their absence, but given the lovely cut, I doubt this could be strykingly bad.

I would choose between the first two based on their (rarely encountered) decent depth. Further on, maybe get the cleanest, largest of the two? Just a thought...

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Based solely on the information you've provided, I'd choose either of the SI1's, if they're eyeclean. Your BN rep should be able to eyeball each stone and let you know.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
The first two look hopeful, but you definitely need to get an assurance from BN that they're absolutely eye-clean.

The first one has numerous inclusions, but the main ones are off from the table. There is an interesting inclusion right under the table, which looks small compared to the others but might be dark and, therefore, visible (although I doubt it in an SI1).

The second one has fewer inclusions (in the crown area), but one is a large crystal at the edge of the table. In addition, there are a few inclusions in the pavilion area of that stone as well. Difficult choice to make from a sketch!
sad.gif

Contact BN and have them give you a feel for how these look to the naked eye. Most SI1's are eye-clean, but you have to be careful. It would be great if they could send you pics of the stones or something.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's impossible to assess cut quality with the information you have posted. I'd avoid the first 2 for sure but there are no guarantees on the last one either. I've tested many 69/65's that have had less than desireable light return. Blue Nile's "signature" stones are only hand selected for crowns over 8% and that is no guarantee of anything. I speak from experience.

My .02c

Rhino

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Rhino: Your .02c = $2Million here (at least in my tiny little opinion)!
2.gif

Indiana Mike: You might want to check out Rhino's site. He's got some great tutorials that cover everything you ever wanted to know about cut .... and more.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results