shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide - Two stones from ACS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I purchased two stones from ACS that are very similiar. I haven't confirmed my order yet and Barry told me the two stones will be very similiar in color. Help me decide if I should keep both or just keep 1.

Stone 1: http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=141&idproduct=2734
Stone 2: http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=141&idproduct=2739

I am set on keeping stone 1 based on what Barry told me. I am debating on stone 2. I need a 7 mm round stone for a setting but I already have several pink rings. I love that setting and I love pink stones. Would it be too repetitive to get it or just wait for another color?

Thoughts?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I would not do stone #2...is the setting for a 7mm or a 7.5mm? If you already have a few pink rings, I would try to find something that is a different color.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
have you rec''d them yet? if so, can you post pictures? if not, its hard to make a decision based only on the vendor''s pictures.

mz

ps if you like pinks, you like pinks. both stones are affordable. if you''re not drawn to other colors, keep both.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I would probably go with the malaya. They are rare and it''s a great size. Plus orangish pink is such a great color. Pink rhodolites are very attractive too of course ( I would love to own one someday), but there will be others. I bought a Bekily malaya from Barry recently and it''s one of my favorite stones.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are very pretty and there's nothing inherently "wrong" with them. It's down to personal preference and comfort about size.
1. Purple or orangish pink
2. Larger or smaller

Personally, I'd go with the Malaia because that's where my taste runs but if you already have one, then get the rhodolite, unless you plan on making a Malaia suite.
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mind sharing your reasons why Barry stated to go with stone 1 vs stone 2?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your comments. I am going to take both for now and decide when I receive them. I have some of each already but nothing nice (mostly eBay purchases).

I was planning to not keep the larger Rhodolite but Barry talked me into it (it wasn''t hard). He told me it is the most beautiful one he has cut and that he was planning to keep it for his collection. Didn''t think another one will come up. I will be sure to post photos when I get them!

I also purchased the Tanzanite to get msyelf to the next discount level. However, there was a system glitch with the Tanga Garnet I purchased and the cost was refunded. So I don''t need the tanzanite now since I wasn''t too big on the color and it is a little small.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
If he was planning on keeping it for his collection it must be pretty nice! Better see both in person.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 1:39:16 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
Thank you everyone for your comments. I am going to take both for now and decide when I receive them. I have some of each already but nothing nice (mostly eBay purchases).

I was planning to not keep the larger Rhodolite but Barry talked me into it (it wasn''t hard). He told me it is the most beautiful one he has cut and that he was planning to keep it for his collection. Didn''t think another one will come up. I will be sure to post photos when I get them!

I also purchased the Tanzanite to get msyelf to the next discount level. However, there was a system glitch with the Tanga Garnet I purchased and the cost was refunded. So I don''t need the tanzanite now since I wasn''t too big on the color and it is a little small.
Well, then you must post pics when you get it. Congratulations!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 1:29:46 PM
Author: Chrono
Both are very pretty and there''s nothing inherently ''wrong'' with them. It''s down to personal preference and comfort about size.
1. Purple or orangish pink
2. Larger or smaller

Personally, I''d go with the Malaia because that''s where my taste runs but if you already have one, then get the rhodolite, unless you plan on making a Malaia suite.
31.gif
Me, too! They''re both really lovely... might as well get them both
9.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 1:35:06 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Do you mind sharing your reasons why Barry stated to go with stone 1 vs stone 2?
Barry said stone 1 is the best pink garnet he has ever cut and felt that he will never get another one like it. It has beautiful color and is very clean (I know you don''t mind inclusions but my personal preference are clean stones). In real life, I suspect the two stones are actually very similiar in color - Barry felt that they were close in color and having both stones will be repetitive. The grey background color is different in both photos so I will really have to wait in real life.

It is always a surprise when I get the stones versus what the photo shows (kind of like the oval you got recently). We will see how it goes when I get them.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ooops... looks like you''re going for them both, afterall. (I don''t know how you''ll be able to send either back
3.gif
)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both pretty. I would go with something a little different than what you have but that''s just my opinion.
1.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Barry has a great return policy so I can decide once I get them. I got way too many since I couldn''t decide which one to get.

Thanks again everyone. You ladies are wonderful!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I can''t wait for your pictures!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I can''t wait for some pics! I really like both but the malaya speaks more to me. I guess I am just and orange-pinkish type of gal.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I hate to disappoint anyone but I am not getting Stone 2. There seems to have been a glitch with my order where I paid for stones that were also bought by other people. Our guess is that the international orders are delayed. Stone 2 was purchased and shipped to someone else.
7.gif

Barry is super nice and has worked out getting something else to me. Will post my goodies when they get here.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry Charmy but I guess you were corralled into the decision. Does Barry have anymore Malaias like that one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results