shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide the diamond’s placement.

-hope-

Rough_Rock
Hello. I am resetting my 1.3 carat diamond on 4.5 size ring and I would appreciate some help.

I’m getting this setting but with a white head:

https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...ngagement-ring-by-vatche-4651.htm#size=Select

My question is about the diamond’s location on the ring:

I prefer the diamond to sit as low as possible on the ring, but would that affect the brilliance / sparkle of the diamond? Should I leave a tiny gap between the culet and the ring so the diamond would sparkle more? I don’t know why I have this idea in my head but I want to make sure if it’s true or not (if the gap between the culet and ring affects the brilliance / fire of the diamond)

Also, would leaving a tiny gap be better with cleaning the diamond?

If it doesn’t make any difference I prefer no gap, but I noticed many brands leave a gap (not sure if it’s only to make the stone appear larger or for other reasons as well)

Would appreciate to have some feedback!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leaving space between the bottom of the culet and setting is a good idea for cleaning. It will not affect the sparkle. Light enters the diamond from the top, hits the facets and comes back up to the top and out. It does not enter from the bottom or sides for that matter.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
My mother's ring has no gap and it's a bear to clean.
In my rings I enjoy seeing as much of the bottom side as I can.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would leave a tiny gap for cleaning.

Diamonddreaming

Rough_Rock
Hello. I am resetting my 1.3 carat diamond on 4.5 size ring and I would appreciate some help.

https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...ngagement-ring-by-vatche-4651.htm#size=Select

I prefer the diamond to sit as low as possible on the ring, but would that affect the brilliance / sparkle of the diamond? Should I leave a tiny gap between the culet and the ring so the diamond would sparkle more? I don’t know why I have this idea in my head but I want to make sure if it’s true or not (if the gap between the culet and ring affects the brilliance / fire of the diamond)

If it doesn’t make any difference I prefer no gap, but I noticed many brands leave a gap (not sure if it’s only to make the stone appear larger or for other reasons as well)

The lower a diamond is set, it can make the diamond look smaller. I had this happen on a custom design and actually redid the design.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Leave just enough to clean it as others have said. It cuts down on the possibility of snapping the head off accidently, too high and it just becomes a magnet for smacking and catches grime.
It's purely a preference how high you want it set, but I personally go for lower set rings.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock

My RB solitaire is set as low as possible and culet literally rests on the gallery. It doesn’t affect the brilliance of my diamond whatsoever,

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results