shape
carat
color
clarity

help me decide on this 2 carat round diamond

Kayliex33

Rough_Rock
Hi! so my boyfriend has purchased me a stone, and I love it but wanted to hear everyone's suggestions. In some lighting it looks like there are a lot of dots on it?? is that just sparkle?

Below are images taken at 6 am so the lighting isn't great. Also the GIA certificate showing the proportions. Thanks in advance!!!

IMG_4324.jpeg IMG_4322.jpeg IMG_4326.jpeg IMG_4323.jpeg 8D5894AB-C977-4FD2-AB44-8A595C66CDFC.png

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What clarity is it? Those are likely clarity issues, but he did well picking out the ston just going by the dimensions. You have to decide if it bothers you or you can look at it as the personality of your diamond.

If it’s SI 1 or 2 it maybe could interfere in light return. Where is the diamond from?

Kayliex33

Rough_Rock
it's from blue nile. it's an SI1 it does say additional pinpoints not shown. Getting a VS2 2 carat E color didn't fit within the budget so i sacrificed clarity. Are those dots flaws or sparkles? i'm not able to tell haha. and I feel like I can only see the dots in the camera

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's from blue nile. it's an SI1 it does say additional pinpoints not shown. Getting a VS2 2 carat E color didn't fit within the budget so i sacrificed clarity. Are those dots flaws or sparkles? i'm not able to tell haha. and I feel like I can only see the dots in the camera

Well, if you can only see it with a camera, then don’t obsess over it.

Buy a 10x loupe on eBay and you will be able to see what it is.

Kayliex33

Rough_Rock
yes!! i did get a 10x loupe on ebay :D Amazon actually. I guess i'm getting the dots mixed up with sparkle, in certain lighting. it looks a bit like crushed iceish?

Kayliex33

Rough_Rock
on the 10x loupe there are no dark marks. there is a small translucsent feather that can be seen with the 10x loupe though

Jujeh

Rough_Rock
It's normal to see some pinpoints of sparkle that could be mistaken for inclusions. It's hard to describe but I totally know what you mean.

I would get a cubic zirconia ring from Berricle or another quality cz vendor if you really are worried about it and you will see that it's normal.

Beautiful stone!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results