shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide on a Milestone birthday gift for myself

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!
I am turning 40 this year and I am thinking of getting myself a piece of jewelry to commemorate this milestones birthday. My choices are:
1) a Cartier Love Bangle
2) a custom gypsy ring set with an Emerald Cut Diamond
3) other - any ideas?
Hoping some of you can offer some ideas. I’ve included an inspiration photo for the gypsy ring (although my budget will only allow for a much smaller emerald cut diamond)
42BF9A85-2AAC-4571-87B5-824A0ED9359D.jpeg

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas!
TIA

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!
I am turning 40 this year and I am thinking of getting myself a piece of jewelry to commemorate this milestones birthday. My choices are:
1) a Cartier Love Bangle
2) a custom gypsy ring set with an Emerald Cut Diamond
3) other - any ideas?
Hoping some of you can offer some ideas. I’ve included an inspiration photo for the gypsy ring (although my budget will only allow for a much smaller emerald cut diamond)
42BF9A85-2AAC-4571-87B5-824A0ED9359D.jpeg

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas!
TIA

I am turning 40 this year too and will be getting Cartier Love band! ;-)

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I am turning 40 this year too and will be getting Cartier Love band! ;-)

Yay! I had two Cartier love bands but sold them. I didn’t wear them enough.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I had two Cartier love bands but sold them. I didn’t wear them enough.

That is my exact concern! I worry that I will not wear it enough. I do not like them as much when they are scratched. I just like an idea of buying a Cartier for my big birthday.

Good luck deciding. Perhaps, get something you haven't had yet.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Gypsy set emerald sounds cool. Can get you bang for your money if you set it in YG since then you can get a lower color and bigger stone. Anything East West I adore.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy set emerald sounds cool. Can get you bang for your money if you set it in YG since then you can get a lower color and bigger stone. Anything East West I adore.

That’s what I’m leaning towards as a RHR.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This is the only kind if ring I like to wear. I keep telling myself to get one & no celebration seems quite so serious & I get distracted. If you go ahead making one, there will be LOUD cheers from my side.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is my exact concern! I worry that I will not wear it enough. I do not like them as much when they are scratched. I just like an idea of buying a Cartier for my big birthday.

Good luck deciding. Perhaps, get something you haven't had yet.

I got a Cartier love band last Christmas and I wear it on my right index finger almost every day. I don't mind when metals are scratched though - and it definitely gets scratched being worn on that finger!

@Morenita21 I love the idea of the emerald cut ring. I guess - which would you wear more though, a bracelet or a ring? I like bracelets in theory but I never actually wear them and one that was difficult to get on and off like the Cartier Love would just get left in the safe.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
You can't go wrong with a Cartier Love bangle, but I understand your concern with it getting scratched! What about a Cartier watch? Other ideas are a nice pair of studs, pendant, or tennis bracelet if you don't already have them?

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
You can't go wrong with a Cartier Love bangle, but I understand your concern with it getting scratched! What about a Cartier watch? Other ideas are a nice pair of studs, pendant, or tennis bracelet if you don't already have them?

I’m selling my Apple Watch because it prevents me from wearing bracelets because of the watch getting scratched. I like the idea of the Cartier bracelet, but I can’t get the emerald gypsy ring out of my mind either. Now I do have a lot of rings which don’t get used. I don’t have a really nice bracelet though. I wear my engagement and wedding ring everyday. Here’s my collection (which I paired down last year quite a bit):

49FCABAB-1076-4C25-AB1C-6D3069CA996D.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d get the Cartier Love Bangle or a diamond tennis bracelet. Such pieces never go out of fashion and can be worn 24/7.
While a ring is lovely, with your existing collection of beautiful rings it will mean they get worn less often as well.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring collection is amazing! Do you think you would wear the emerald gypsy ring much? Is it important to you to get a lot of wear out of this piece?

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring collection is amazing! Do you think you would wear the emerald gypsy ring much? Is it important to you to get a lot of wear out of this piece?

You’re right. It comes down to what am I missing in my collection. I have tons of necklaces and pendants and rings. No bracelet of quality that I could wear everyday. I also love Jade Trau’s bracelets.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
You’re right. It comes down to what am I missing in my collection. I have tons of necklaces and pendants and rings. No bracelet of quality that I could wear everyday. I also love Jade Trau’s bracelets.

What about a high carat weight tennis bracelet, or a diamond bangle? That won't get scratched, it will be the scratcher!

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
What about a high carat weight tennis bracelet, or a diamond bangle? That won't get scratched, it will be the scratcher!

Now comes the fun part - google and Instagram looking for ideas.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m selling my Apple Watch because it prevents me from wearing bracelets because of the watch getting scratched. I like the idea of the Cartier bracelet, but I can’t get the emerald gypsy ring out of my mind either. Now I do have a lot of rings which don’t get used. I don’t have a really nice bracelet though. I wear my engagement and wedding ring everyday. Here’s my collection (which I paired down last year quite a bit):

49FCABAB-1076-4C25-AB1C-6D3069CA996D.jpeg

Who made/where did you get that diamond YG ring in the middle of the middle finger stack, with the constellations on it? I LOVE it!

Your collection is gorgeous!

Having seen this - if you already don't wear a lot of rings, then maybe a bracelet IS the way to go.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Who made/where did you get that diamond YG ring in the middle of the middle finger stack, with the constellations on it? I LOVE it!

Your collection is gorgeous!

Having seen this - if you already don't wear a lot of rings, then maybe a bracelet IS the way to go.

Thank you! The constellation ring was made by Alex Park from Parks Fine Group (check him out on IG). One side has my sign and the other my husband’s sign. At the bottom of the ring is a quarter moon. He did an awesome job with my crappy sketches. He made my idea come to life! It’s also very heavy 16 grams of 18kt yellow gold as per my request. Here’s another photo 1FD4C6A2-53DD-4870-8FD5-8B774C941CAD.jpeg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd suggest a bracelet as well, & my choice would be a diamond tennis bracelet. They are timeless and can be dressed up or down. If you already have a tennis bracelet, perhaps a DBTY bracelet? I wear my RG DBTY & my dia. & blue sapphire DBTY bracelet quite frequently, (not together!) either alone or stacked with my tennis bracelet.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! The constellation ring was made by Alex Park from Parks Fine Group (check him out on IG). One side has my sign and the other my husband’s sign. At the bottom of the ring is a quarter moon. He did an awesome job with my crappy sketches. He made my idea come to life! It’s also very heavy 16 grams of 18kt yellow gold as per my request. Here’s another photo 1FD4C6A2-53DD-4870-8FD5-8B774C941CAD.jpeg

This is how I normally wear it. Usually as a RHR:
C24A984F-A32E-492F-8E70-E4DA22D6C550.jpeg

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Or a DBTY necklace!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results