shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide how to house my 1 carat oec

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. So I wanted to start a thread here bc I’m going for an antique look and figure more interested eyeballs here.
I’m looking to house my 1.08 oec in an antique setting. I have three choices. My first is a setting I ordered off eBay but I think it’s too small in coverage although I love the quality of the sidestones.
Choice B I actually own—so would be just a matter of setting my stone. Yay for cheap. But tbh, when I try this look it seems like my stone gets lost and then I wonder—do I really want so much coverage?
Finally, choice c is a possibility but not sure if the quality will be as good as choice a bc the pics are not really clear. Although I think it does give me the coverage and overall look. And the last is my inspiration pic. None would have a bezel.

Attachments

• CD2A03DF-C009-4255-AF32-D90BA1A2909B.jpeg
    CD2A03DF-C009-4255-AF32-D90BA1A2909B.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 73
  • EDCC6C95-4E33-4708-942C-DAB3B1692F55.jpeg
    EDCC6C95-4E33-4708-942C-DAB3B1692F55.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 73
  • C65E8450-51AC-4C23-A503-26A8FABD3EA4.jpeg
    C65E8450-51AC-4C23-A503-26A8FABD3EA4.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 71
  • D0C0A30A-9AB4-416D-AEBD-96E6B0B90120.jpeg
    D0C0A30A-9AB4-416D-AEBD-96E6B0B90120.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Choice C to my eyes will get you the closest to your inspiration pic and I actually think the diamonds look like they will be good quality.

Diamonddreaming

Rough_Rock
Ok. So I wanted to start a thread here bc I’m going for an antique look and figure more interested eyeballs here.
I’m looking to house my 1.08 oec in an antique setting. I have three choices. My first is a setting I ordered off eBay but I think it’s too small in coverage although I love the quality of the sidestones.
Choice B I actually own—so would be just a matter of setting my stone. Yay for cheap. But tbh, when I try this look it seems like my stone gets lost and then I wonder—do I really want so much coverage?
Finally, choice c is a possibility but not sure if the quality will be as good as choice a bc the pics are not really clear. Although I think it does give me the coverage and overall look. And the last is my inspiration pic. None would have a bezel.

I have seen the bezel ring with side baguettes before and just think it’s stunning. I love different patterns and it leaves the center stone as the main attraction. Best of luck choosing it is so hard.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen the bezel ring with side baguettes before and just think it’s stunning. I love different patterns and it leaves the center stone as the main attraction. Best of luck choosing it is so hard.

I think the only one that could accommodate the bezel is the second or third choice. Not the first. Too small.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been going back and forth so much between A and C I got dizzy LOL - I keep going back to A though. I think the overall shape resembles your inspiration pic the most and I like the brightness of the diamonds.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been going back and forth so much between A and C I got dizzy LOL - I keep going back to A though. I think the overall shape resembles your inspiration pic the most and I like the brightness of the diamonds.

Wow! Tbh. Looking at option 2 makes me realize that I don’t WANT that much finger coverage. Like. No. And even tho the lighting is bad In that pic, choice 2 has very bright and stunning diamonds. But My stone gets lost.
I guess is between 1 and 3.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the first one!!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suggest you keep looking ... to my eyes, none of those three are close the presence and elegance of your inspo setting ... YMMV :)

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: I went to my estate jeweler—the ones whose ring I was inspired by—and we did a side by side comparison and Omg! Turns out I have a very faulty memory. First, the ring I posted her is not her actual ring. Hers is a more modern version. She didn’t have the inspiration ring anymore. But just comparing my new ring—notice that I’m calling it “my ring”—to her actual one—the size difference, while noticeable, was not worth giving up the quality of this setting. So I’m gonna keep choice A! And gonna start second guessing my memory more than my size dysmorphia, lol.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I was going to say A all along but you made your choice before I could respond.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala, looking foward to seeing your diamond in that setting!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous @nala, love those baguettes, very deco!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oohhh. That’s a really good one @nala ! Love it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala, this turned out to be a really good decision, this is a gorgeous look! Your diamond brings the whole setting to life imo. It looks really beautiful, what a great find this setting was. :love:

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock

I'm really loving the first one!

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
The setting and stone are both beautiful!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! And it definitely does have finger coverage as well as elegance in those proportions. Perfect choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results