shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me consolidate: 2 studs + 2 mismatched diamonds!

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Selling is unlikely without a gia cert or really good appraisal (eg david atlas). In those sizes and colors, not sure it is worthwhile to spend the money getting the certs.

Since the colors are probably not close enough for a multistone pendant, Id go with the DBTY bracelet suggested above. There will be enough space between the stones that no one will notice the size and color difference, especially mixed in with other stones of like colors.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've just had a trilogy ring made into earrings and a pendant. When the stones were taken out of the ring they were all different sizes. I kept the biggest one for the slider pendant with an adjustable chain, and the other 2 as everyday studs. My jeweller suggested bezel setting (they're small stones. .32, .36 and .39). I was amazed when I collected them, the platinum settings really made them pop and look so much bigger. The pendant stone has a black carbon spot that you can't see without a loupe.

RacerDinah

Rough_Rock
If I end up going the route of mating one of the stones to make a pair of studs, which stone would you suggest doing that with? The other would go to a pendant....

I will look at the DBTY option when I pick up the stones tomorrow

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How far away is the "visible inclusion" visible? I'm thinking use the more included one as an earring. Also if it's a lowish color, use yellow gold. Bezel if you would like to make it look bigger, but half carat is a nice size for earrings. Or 2nd hole if you have them.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with ringo865. I'd put the more included one into an earring with yellow gold bezel. A visible inclusion probably won't be so visible in your ear.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the earring, why not buy jackets that you can change up when the mood strikes? You'll get a lot of flexiblity out of the studs this way.

upload_2017-9-13_21-29-36.png
upload_2017-9-13_21-29-58.png

upload_2017-9-13_21-33-4.png
upload_2017-9-13_21-33-30.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-13_21-30-26.png
    upload_2017-9-13_21-30-26.png
    213.5 KB · Views: 6

RacerDinah

Rough_Rock
IMG_0362.JPG Well, after having one jeweler start down the path of giving me an estimate to set the 2 stones (not my matched studs) into halo setting dangle earrings, I realized it would be downright stupid to spend money doing that if the stones were crap. So I had them popped out of their settings and they were indeed crap. Cracked, included, poorly cut. Believe it or not the jeweler was still willing to take them and the scrap gold for credit towards some new bling (for more than I would have been able to sell them on ebay etc). I'm now free of those that I associate negatively with the past and didn't waste money trying to make it work. I'd much rather find a new nice stone and have it set myself into something I'll keep forever.

New bling photo attached....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results