shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose!

blingy0722

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
I’m going to upgrade my ering. I’m in my 40s and want something that I’ll enjoy for the rest of my life. I’m considering these two options. Please let me know which you prefer - I’m having a hard time deciding! FYI my finger size is 4.5.

- cushion cut 2.5 ct on bubble prong band (with matching wedding band) (pics from designer website)

- emerald cut 2.5 center with traps (with curved wedding band) (pic of rings on my hand)

IMG_3760.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3759.jpeg
    IMG_3759.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3748.jpeg
    IMG_3748.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 80

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Since you mentioned your wanting to enjoy it for the rest of your life, I'd vote for the emerald cut. They are just so classic and timeless to me. Even more so though, i'd go with the one you prefer or have loved more, even if it's against popular opinion. You will have to live with it and wear it every day so you should love it. If not, you may find your self changing it until you finally have "the one" , at least thats been my experience.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the emerald. It’s pure class & timeless.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to vote for the cushion. The EC setting looks like it gives you a muffin finger top, and I think the tapered traps are too large for the center stone. It takes away the solitaire look, and gives the ring an overall kite shape. As for the cushion ring, I love the band on it.

Were the EC a solitaire and not so squishy, I think I'd go with that. But I'd be looking for a much more elegant setting, which I also think would be more flattering to the finger.

So - as is, the cushion. Set in a solitaire or something more elegant/classic - the EC.

What is your current wedding set, @blingy0722? Can any of that be incorporated into your new set?

By the way, my favorite overall shape used to be a kite shape! I found it didn't age well, tho, so in the end I looked for something more timeless and classic.

Either way - good luck!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I'm kind of biased but my vote goes to the EC, especially if you plan on wearing it a lot. The band on the cushion just doesn't look that sturdy to me.

blingy0722

Shiny_Rock
Since you mentioned your wanting to enjoy it for the rest of your life, I'd vote for the emerald cut. They are just so classic and timeless to me. Even more so though, i'd go with the one you prefer or have loved more, even if it's against popular opinion. You will have to live with it and wear it every day so you should love it. If not, you may find your self changing it until you finally have "the one" , at least thats been my experience.

Thanks! I agree with what you said and feel that I will love this style for a long time

blingy0722

Shiny_Rock
I'm going to vote for the cushion. The EC setting looks like it gives you a muffin finger top, and I think the tapered traps are too large for the center stone. It takes away the solitaire look, and gives the ring an overall kite shape. As for the cushion ring, I love the band on it.

Were the EC a solitaire and not so squishy, I think I'd go with that. But I'd be looking for a much more elegant setting, which I also think would be more flattering to the finger.

So - as is, the cushion. Set in a solitaire or something more elegant/classic - the EC.

What is your current wedding set, @blingy0722? Can any of that be incorporated into your new set?

By the way, my favorite overall shape used to be a kite shape! I found it didn't age well, tho, so in the end I looked for something more timeless and classic.

Either way - good luck!

Thanks for your opinion! I think the EC gives the muffin top feel because it’s not the right size for me, but hopefully they would go away with correct sizing :) I’ll definitely consider an elongated cushion as well but think I may leaning towards an EC at this point. I haven’t heard of a kite shape - I’m going to look it up. My old setting was a round solitaire so I’m really looking to have a different look now

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your opinion! I think the EC gives the muffin top feel because it’s not the right size for me, but hopefully they would go away with correct sizing :) I’ll definitely consider an elongated cushion as well but think I may leaning towards an EC at this point. I haven’t heard of a kite shape - I’m going to look it up. My old setting was a round solitaire so I’m really looking to have a different look now

Hi @blingy0722 -

The kite shape I'm referring to is your EC + the triangle sides. Overall, that combination makes a kite shape.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Team EC here but a comment should you go with the cushion. It appears that the band may be single prong and will likely be prone to losing stones, so if you go with the cushion, I’d choose a different setting.

blingy0722

Shiny_Rock
Team EC here but a comment should you go with the cushion. It appears that the band may be single prong and will likely be prone to losing stones, so if you go with the cushion, I’d choose a different setting.

Thanks for your reply! I think I’m team EC as well now, but thanks for the suggestion about a different setting for a cushion

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results