shape
carat
color
clarity

help me choose the best stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

benx

Rough_Rock
hi all,

after months of searching, i think i have it down to 2 stones. could you please let me know what you think of these 2 round stones

F VVS1
Prop - EX
Pol - EX
Sym - VG
Brill - EX
Depth - 6.65
Depth % - 60.6
Table % - 55.6
Girdle % - 0.9
Crown angle - 34.5
Pavillian angle - 40.7
Fluro - Nil
Culet - Nil

E VVS2
Prop - EX
Pol - EX
Sym - EX
Brill - EX
Depth - 6.72
Depth % - 60.5
Table % - 57.0
Girdle % - 1.0
Crown angle - 34.1
Pavillian angle - 40.9
Fluro - Nil
Culet - Nil

Thanks in advance,

Ben

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Based on the parameters both should be excellent stones. Take the one you like the most :lickout:

6.65 and 6.72 are diameters in mm not depths.

What is Brill? I mean how was it measured?

:)

benx

Rough_Rock
sorry about the diameter vs depth error

brill = brillance

Babylon1023

Rough_Rock
Tell me this: What are the prices? From what I've heard, you won't be able to tell them apart with your naked eye. If you played the cup shuffle game with them underneath, switch 'em around a few times, could you tell them apart? If you can, go with what looks better. If not, price would be the thing that's noticable here. I can't say all that much b/c I don't know what you're looking for in a diamond or what its purpose is. It sounds like overkill to me b/c I'm just looking for naked eye qualites. If you're into microscope grade perfection, that's totally up to you. If not, you can go in to the VS category with an F or G color and you'd never be able to tell the difference just by looking at it (from what I've heard anyway).

larry

Rough_Rock
I think at this point you have narrowed down the decision to you own personal feelings. If the price difference is not much I would consider the 1.10 E VVS2 just because I like higher color grades, it has excellent symmetry and VVS2 compared to a VVS1 will only be noticeable under magnification, but that is my option and I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Good Luck

benx

Rough_Rock
difference in price between the 2 is 5% more for larger stone.

small stone gave a slightly better TIC - 0.7 vs 0.9.

purpose for ring is engagement setting and yes ive heard it many times already, its probably a case of overkill :)

so close yet so far :( lucky for me im not running to a deadline

any further comments would be appreciated

ben

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/29/2002 6:08:06 PM

difference in price between the 2 is 5% more for larger stone.

small stone gave a slightly better TIC - 0.7 vs 0.9.

purpose for ring is engagement setting and yes ive heard it many times already, its probably a case of overkill :)

so close yet so far :( lucky for me im not running to a deadline

any further comments would be appreciated

ben
----------------

Ben these are the great stones based on the numbers. Difference between TIC 0.7 and 0.9 is within measurement error.

Now you just have to look at them and choose the one you like or get a help of professional gemologist.

Come on Ben! Confess why do you want such high clarity

benx

Rough_Rock
hi leonid,

everyone thinks im crazy!!! they all say i should get a much larger stone with VS1 clarity for the same price - not like anyone will be able to tell the difference they tell me. but for me, ive dreamt about a stone like this for so long now for the love of my life :love: funny thing is she just wants a stone in a classic tiffany style platinum setting and is not too fussed about the other detail:confused:

given that the TIC is so small, it really comes down to clarity vs colour or am i missing something?

ben

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ben. It makes sense to me. After all you should buy what you're comfortable with.

Interestingly, high clarity goods were very expensive about 20 years ago during the craziness about investment quality diamonds. Today white VS1-SI1 goods are in much higher demand. Cut Nut thinks that public might reconsider values of the goods that cannot be appreciated without magnifying glass.

So I’d personally go with higher color but again this is your call.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results