shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose my wedding band pretty please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

patient1

Shiny_Rock
Hi Pricescopers! I''m definitely embarrassed by how long I''ve been absent from the site, but believe me when I say you are responsible for making me the envy of my friends with the advice and knowledge given here. (I even directed a guy friend here when he was buying his girl''s ring -- needless to say she thinks this place is amazing lol)

So I come to you now for some advice and possibly pictures to help me find the perfect mate for my great ering!

My ering is a 1.04 carat I, SI1 from Whiteflash (expert selection, but practically ACA) and the setting is Whiteflash''s 6-prong Tiffany-style setting.

Main objectives:
1.) Decide on low dome or high dome
2.) Decide on comfort fit or not comfort fit
3.) Take into consideration the height of my ering, but know it may change in the future (ie. wedding band should be versatile

My ideal wedding band is 2.5mm and plain (either platinum or palladium). I''m mainly stuck on whether to get a high or low dome and if I should get a comfort fit or not? My FI and I would also like to get our rings engraved, but I''m pretty sure even a comfort fit 2.5mm should be okay for that.

I''ve narrowed down my choices to three rings: one of which comes very thick, one can''t be ordered comfort fit and one that can be order either comfort fit or not. I''m fine with a space between the two rings, but worry how these rings will look with my knife edge setting (which may not be permanent, so I have to keep that in mind as well).

Below I''ll break down the three candidates.

Again -- I cannot stress enough, I love you guys! Thanks in advance for any and all help! :)

patient 1 ering pic.jpg

patient1

Shiny_Rock

patient1

Shiny_Rock
Third candidate can be ordered both as a comfort fit and a non-comfort fit. I worry I won''t like the rounded look by itself (without my ering). Am I crazy? Would this be better as a 1.5mm or (a thick) 2.0mm in comfort fit? If thicker is better, this is the thickest choice:

https://store.weddingringhotline.com/product.php?xProd=10&xSec=82

patient 1 wedding band number 3.png

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t really like any of them with the knife edge....

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the ring I''m ordering now to wear next to my seven stone. It''s a 2.5mm wide, 2.0mm tall palladium comfort fit band. I only wear comfort fit bands because they''re easy to put on and take off (with my fibromyalgia, bouts of tenditis and random swelling issues). I like substantial rings. I''m not a big fan of anything light weight.
Maybe you''ll like it too. You''ll have to click the comfort fit circle to see what the price difference would be between plain and comfort fit.

https://store.weddingringhotline.com/product.php?xProd=968&xSec=62

patient1

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry you don''t like Aprilbaby. I know its not very matchy-matchy, but I really want a plain band as my forever ring -- so no matter how I change my ering setting I will always have a constant wedding band. :) Diamond anniversary bands are definitely in my future -- I love the stack! But a girl''s gotta start somewhere.

Gemgirl, you actually posted my third choice. :) So I''ll count that as point 1 for candidate three. :)

I had a feeling a non-diamond wedding band might not draw a lot of responses... I really would appreciate any help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results