shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose my first eternity ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kyclaire

Rough_Rock
Trade
I am getting my first eternity ring!! But I have come across a few different designs
30.gif
that are giving me a headache on which one I should really get/customise.

Would like some comments from u podders on which ring ya''all prefer!!
33.gif

1) Hearts eternity

2) Leon Mege''s Marquise Eternity

3) Brilliant Round eternity

Thanks!! any comments would be appreciated!!

*I cant seem to upload e pictures I have of these rings!! Will try again later!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 4:26:50 AM
Author:Kyclaire
I am getting my first eternity ring!! But I have come across a few different designs
30.gif
that are giving me a headache on which one I should really get/customise.

Would like some comments from u podders on which ring ya''all prefer!!
33.gif

1) Hearts eternity

2) Leon Mege''s Marquise Eternity

3) Brilliant Round eternity

Thanks!! any comments would be appreciated!!

*I cant seem to upload e pictures I have of these rings!! Will try again later!
I like the idea of a round brilliant eternity the best, just because it seems like they look great paired with all kinds of other rings, as well as on their own. Will you be wearing it with an engagement ring? If so, what does it look like?

Kyclaire

Rough_Rock
Trade
this is the marquise eternity that I am looking at!
30.gif

marquiseeternity.jpg

Kyclaire

Rough_Rock
Trade
This is the round diamonds eternity..
18.gif

I dont have a picture of the heart one though..

roundeternity.jpg

Kyclaire

Rough_Rock
Trade
vespergirl: First I want to thank you for your input! I really needed some views to help me with this as I am very new to diamonds.. Nope I won''t be wearing the eternity with an engagement ring! It is just to add on to my first few collections of diamond accessories, I hope I don''t sound too vain here..

I have really small fingers
32.gif
even a 2carat eternity ring looks too big on my fingers) so I don''t think I will be able to pair an eternity with any other rings without looking too gaudy.
23.gif

And also I would like to have around 1.5-2carats eternity so I am not sure if it will look very different from the pictures because of the difference in the size(especially for the marquise ring).
33.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
For comfort and versatility, I would go for the round...but then again, that marquise is to die for.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to say marquise at first because I was picturing e-w, but I''m gonna say round. It would be the most versatile
1.gif

Which one are YOU leaning toward?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d get the round one, it''s gorgeous. I wonder how comfortable the Marquise band is.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 1:50:29 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I''d get the round one, it''s gorgeous. I wonder how comfortable the Marquise band is.

i agree.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I love the marquise! I''ve never seen anything like it before!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Can I add my favorite? I just love Mark Morrells's prongs.

mm_eternity6.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the rounds, too. You can easily perfectly match round stones, but I''m not so sure that would be easy with marquise and that would drive me nuts if they weren''t.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
If your fingers are real small, then the Marquise band might lose some of it''s visual "umph".
I''d do the round, but that''s just me.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My vote would be for the rounds. I like it better than the marquise. Just something about it makes it look really uncomfortable to wear and if you are going to pay money for you have to be able to wear it!

Kyclaire

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you all for giving your opinions and votes!!

seems like its either the marquise or round ones! hearts are out!

I was also thinking of the Mark Morrells's prongs if im getting the round ones (i even saved that picture in my eternity folder=x), but my boyfriend thinks that it is weird
29.gif

I liked the rounds ones first till i saw the marquise one here in pricescope and thought that it looks like a garland and is really unique
18.gif
Im actually leaning towards the marquise one because I would really like something unique (something that i won't get sick of it too soon because everyone has it), but at the same time I am quite sure if it doesn't look exactly like the picture (due to factors like ring size, diamond size, diamond grade etc.
32.gif
) I would not like it as much and be full of regrets and just dump it in a corner as I am reallllyyyy picky
39.gif
I AM reallllyyyy troublesome and annoying right?!

So I am really not sure if I would risk it to trust the person making e ring that it would look Exactly like in the picture or just go with the classic round brilliant ones.

and do marquise shape diamonds not sparkle as much as the round ones or might look dull? (
38.gif
another headache adding on to the ones above)
I am going to my local jeweler to ask for opinions later, quite sure I will make up my mind tomorrow no matter what!!
14.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kyclaire - congrats on getting your first eternity! Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents - I think the marquise is lovely but think in day to day life it might be uncomfortable - there are just so many points. I do have the LM eternity band you pictured, I am attaching a pic in case you would like to see it in real life. It is very very comfortable and set really low on the finger - I love it.
1.gif

P1010104.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results