shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose between two wedding bands :)

MC08

Rough_Rock
Hi! I am engaged and excited to pick a wedding band :)

I LOVE my engagement ring but it is set rather low, which might make it hard for an eternity band to sit flush against it. I think I would be ok with wearing a 1mm spacer to fill in a little gap between the engagement ring and band.

What do you think looks nicer?

I think I *slightly* prefer the bigger band, but I don't want it to overwhelm/clash/take away from my engagement ring. Please let me know if you think the bigger band does any of the above.

The bigger eternity band:

20150613_175123.jpg
img_0005.jpg img_0007.jpg

Smaller eternity band:
img_0236__1_.jpg
img_0235__1_.jpg

MC08

Rough_Rock
Here are some photos from Whiteflash of the bigger eternity band. (Note: the engagement ring in the photos isn't mine, but is similar). I will most likely order from WF.

dfe_1.jpg

dfe_2.jpg

dfe_3.jpg

dfe_4.jpg

dfe_5.jpg

Thank you for your opinions and thoughts in advance!!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
I vote smaller - the larger stones seem to over power your center stone - but thats being picky - its your finger what looks great to you and the larger one would make a great standalone when you want to ring the changes.

Californiadreaming

Rough_Rock
I'm afraid I vote smaller too - I say I'm afraid because I have a large eternity ring that I will be pairing a new solitaire with and I have a feeling it will overwelm the stone and I will end up getting a different band! The smaller band is beautiful as is your ER - congrats on your engagement! :love:

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I actually really like the look of the bigger band next to your ring!

MC08

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the input! Unsettled, I just love your WF 7-stone ring! :love:

I would love more input on selecting between the bands!

Also, will I need a spacer? The stones on my engagement ring face up, but would the prongs potentially scratch the wedding band?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I do like the look of the smaller band (it looks well-matched to your ER, almost to the point of looking like a "wedding set"), I really like the look of the larger band which, if you did wear a spacer band, I think would totally work with your ER.

Also, would you mind telling us which specific WF bands the two candidates are? I'm particularly interested in the specs of the larger band...

(All the pics in this thread are *so* helpful in conveying a sense of dimensions of each of the bands - thank you!)

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I personally like the smaller band with your besutiful ER ring! It looks delicate and emphasizes your diamond better.

MC08

Rough_Rock
Hi Marymm,

This is the specific band in the WF photos (the pics with red nail polish):

http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/diamonds-for-an-eternity-diamond-wedding-band-1086.htm

but I would probably get the 3/4 version for future resizing purposes:

http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/diamonds-for-an-eternity-3-4-diamond-wedding-band-850.htm

I'm not exactly sure which smaller one, but I think this one:

http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/elena-diamond-wedding-band-1368.htm

I'm glad the photos are helpful!! :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote bigger band. The feel is the same to me and the bigger one is not that much bigger (in my mind) so I vote bigger.
I think both look good so I dont think it matters which you pick in the end.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The thinner one with your ering so that the band and ering are of same thickness.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm no help, I like them both! I would recommend a spacer. A 2mm for a stacked look, or. 1-1.5mm for a less visible spacer.

I have had luck with e-wedding bands.com and etsy for spacers.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the thinner band. I think the proportions are perfect.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the proportions of the smaller band with your solitaire - and as it is WF it will be very blingy. I am concerned that the larger band will overpowered your main stone. Still, each combo has it's own style, so whatever you love will be just right.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neither? I vote matching.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me the smaller band definitely looks better. If you really want a bigger band - I think you need to go with a different look altogether.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really confused now...

In your first post you say...
The bigger eternity band:
right before you post the pictures.

In your second post you say...
Here are some photos from Whiteflash of the bigger eternity band.
right before you post the pictures.

So which one is the bigger and which one is the smaller???

*I* think the second band looks better because the stones are set lower just like the engagement ring (but I guess that is not
your engagement ring so that doesnt help much?).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the smaller one, I think it makes your center stone stand out.

MC08

Rough_Rock
tyty333 -

Those are two bands about the same size (one WF, one Tiffanys - both with about 4 pointer stones). I wanted to try on something similar with my ring and on my hand. However, I would be ordering the Whiteflash one. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results