shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose between two diamdons. H&A vs Non-H&A

zeeden

Rough_Rock
I've been shopping around all week for the perfect stone that fits within my budget.

I have narrowed it down to 2 stones.

The are both 1ct D, SI2. Inclusions are not visible with the naked eye. Both stones look great side by side.

However one, is them is an H&A and costs $1000 more. I can't see the H&A with the naked eye. But just the idea of having H&A in a stone makes it more valuable.

I don't have exact specs of each diamond with me because its not an e-diamond. the 1ct D, SI2, ideal cut is $6350 all in and the H&A 1.04 is $7500. Both look similar side by side.

Thanks guys

slg47

Ideal_Rock
are they eye-clean to your requirements? also for the H&A do you have a hearts image?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
zeeden|1305845834|2926057 said:
I've been shopping around all week for the perfect stone that fits within my budget.

I have narrowed it down to 2 stones.

The are both 1ct D, SI2. Inclusions are not visible with the naked eye. Both stones look great side by side.

However one, is them is an H&A and costs $1000 more. I can't see the H&A with the naked eye. But just the idea of having H&A in a stone makes it more valuable.

I don't have exact specs of each diamond with me because its not an e-diamond. the 1ct D, SI2, ideal cut is $6350 all in and the H&A 1.04 is $7500. Both look similar side by side.

Thanks guys

do you have numbers/pics on both?

you do say you've seen them side by side - compare in various types of lighting, get them dirty by putting your fingers all over and compare in various lighting again, and see if one consistently jumps out at you more than the other.

are they both from the same vendor? If not does one vendor have the setting you want? does one stone come with guarantees/warrantees (buyback, upgrade, trade-in, discount w/ setting...) that make the whole package more appealing?

if nothing differs between them to your eyes and they come with the same policies/guarantees/etc., how much, monetarily, is knowing your stone has nice hearts and arrows patterns worth to you?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you examine the sides closely to see if you could see inclusions from the side? Did you look at them with a loupe? The type of inclusions would matter a lot to me. That would help me decide which one to buy.

zeeden

Rough_Rock
Yes, I did see both with a loupe and diamonds are from the same vendor.

The inclusions on the non H&A were small and scattered. They were hard to find really.

With the H&A they were easily spotted with the loupe. When I first saw the two, the non H&A stood out to me more. Maybe because it was $1000 cheaper. :lol:

To me, the non H&A is easier on the pocketbook, but i'm debating if the H&A has more investment value.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
zeeden|1305901709|2926524 said:
Yes, I did see both with a loupe and diamonds are from the same vendor.

The inclusions on the non H&A were small and scattered. They were hard to find really.

With the H&A they were easily spotted with the loupe. When I first saw the two, the non H&A stood out to me more. Maybe because it was $1000 cheaper. :lol:

To me, the non H&A is easier on the pocketbook, but i'm debating if the H&A has more investment value.

It doesn't, practically speaking - if you ever try to sell privately or even through a middleman (since selling is the only time investment value actually matters) you'll get pittance on either stone, the tiny bit more you might make on the H&A won't make the sale hurt any less - not in terms of making up for the extra you spent up-front, certainly.

Diamonds are not good investments, that much is definite! :sick:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results