shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose between these two stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stkanev

Rough_Rock
sorry, this is the 1.03 one

1.03.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm... both IS looks good. Can you confirm with ERD that the 0.96c IS is the same stone as the report he gave you? It is not what I expected from those specs.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you check this is the right image for the .96? I have doubts that it is...In fact the first 2 images are identical, I take it these are both supposed to be of the .96? I would clarify concerning these images.

stkanev

Rough_Rock
Yes, I just went back to his email, the "red" image is of the 1.03 and the "pink" one is for the 0.96. I have attached the 0.96 again.

0.96 cts pic.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I have this straight, the "pink" image above is for the .96? Can you check with Mark that this image matches the .96ct diamond please? This diamond on paper has steep crown and pavilion angles that make me think it is a fair bet that the Idealscope image will show leakage, dark or pale areas on the image due to light escaping. The image is not showing this at all - so it would be worth checking that the image does belong to the .96 diamond, the numbers don''t match the result of the image if that makes sense.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agree with lorelei. Image really doesn''t match what is expected from those specs.

stkanev

Rough_Rock
Ok, he will double check and get back to me. What is your opinion on the 1.03 one.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 11:16:36 AM
Author: Lorelei
Ok, so I have this straight, the ''pink'' image above is for the .96? Can you check with Mark that this image matches the .96ct diamond please? This diamond on paper has steep crown and pavilion angles that make me think it is a fair bet that the Idealscope image will show leakage, dark or pale areas on the image due to light escaping. The image is not showing this at all - so it would be worth checking that the image does belong to the .96 diamond, the numbers don''t match the result of the image if that makes sense.
If the angles are off a gia report the rounding could make that much of a difference.
I would have the vendor verify the image is for that stone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2009 11:41:17 AM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 4/3/2009 11:16:36 AM
Author: Lorelei
Ok, so I have this straight, the ''pink'' image above is for the .96? Can you check with Mark that this image matches the .96ct diamond please? This diamond on paper has steep crown and pavilion angles that make me think it is a fair bet that the Idealscope image will show leakage, dark or pale areas on the image due to light escaping. The image is not showing this at all - so it would be worth checking that the image does belong to the .96 diamond, the numbers don''t match the result of the image if that makes sense.
If the angles are off a gia report the rounding could make that much of a difference.
I would have the vendor verify the image is for that stone.
Thank you matey!
35.gif

stkanev

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

Mark just sent me a new image that also shows the inclusions. Please let me know how that looks.

0.96withinclusions.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this for the 0.96c?

EDT:
Looks more like what is expected of the specs from the report but the IS is quite badly taken.

stkanev

Rough_Rock
Yes, this is for the 0.96. What do you think. Also, what are your thoughts on the 1.03 one. I am going to see him today, should I buy one of these stones.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2009 1:34:11 PM
Author: stkanev
Yes, this is for the 0.96. What do you think. Also, what are your thoughts on the 1.03 one. I am going to see him today, should I buy one of these stones.
Ok, so the original images were not of the .96 as I suspected, but this new last image is? In that case definitely pass on this one, and look more at the 1.03.

stkanev

Rough_Rock
He did not say that the first image was not of the 0.96, he said he just took the image without inclusions and this is a new image with the inclusions. Is that possible?

What other information do I need on the 1.03 one. Did the IS look ok on that one in your opinion?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
IS on the 1.03c looks good.

I don't know how it is possible to take IS without inclusions and with. Maybe others with more exp can comment on that.

stkanev

Rough_Rock
I just called him again, he confirmed the original image was not the right one.

He says the 1.03 is the better option. I guess my only concern is whether the 1.03 is the best option or can I do better for the same price.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would say the price looks good for that size, cut, color and clarity.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2009 1:44:35 PM
He did not say that the first image was not of the 0.96, he said he just took the image without inclusions and this is a new image with the inclusions. Is that possible?

What other information do I need on the 1.03 one. Did the IS look ok on that one in your opinion?
It looks like a different set up between the two images, the inclusions would show more readily with the second image very likely the way it was taken. The 1.03 looks good, yes the image looks fine.

stkanev

Rough_Rock
Ok then. I will look at them again in person tonight and hopefully purchase one and order the setting. This will be such a relief. Shopping for an e-ring is no fun. I will post pictures when we get the ring.

Thanks again for all of your help!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2009 2:46:24 PM
Ok then. I will look at them again in person tonight and hopefully purchase one and order the setting. This will be such a relief. Shopping for an e-ring is no fun. I will post pictures when we get the ring.

Thanks again for all of your help!!
You are most welcome, glad to help! Let us know how you get on and we would love some pics when you get the completed ring
35.gif

stkanev

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone.

Just wanted to let you all know I finally met with Mark and decided on the 1.03 stone. Even though they were both graded H color, the 1.03 appeared a little whiter than the 0.96. It also sparkled A LOT more. I couldn''t tell the difference in size but I could definitely see the fire more in the 1.03. As you advised me, I looked at the diamond in different corners of the room, different lighting, under the desk, and in the day light and it was perfect.

Thank you very much for all your help again.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very glad to have been of help to you - congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results