shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose between these two gcal 8x rounds?

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if anyone wanted to weigh in on which of these stones may be the better one to go with? I'm still (a year later) trying to find the *right* round for me. I think I'm inching closer! But currently stuck between these two.

Thank you

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Is the second one really $11500?
That price point will get you a new GCAL 8X JannPaul Decagon LGD north of 3 carats.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not caring for either one. The crown height is not ideal and something about the H&A is bothering me on #2, but I'm not an expert. It's just what I see. Sorry!!

Rough_Rock
Is the second one really $11500?
That price point will get you a new GCAL 8X JannPaul Decagon LGD north of 3 carats.

I'm not caring for either one. The crown height is not ideal and something about the H&A is bothering me on #2, but I'm not an expert. It's just what I see. Sorry!!

Those prices seem insane, tbh.

Okay! Thank y'all so much. I was looking at Yadav as I've had great service from them in the past. But I do agree- those prices were steep!

What about this stone? HPHT. 3.34ct, budget friendly. HCA results were good. I don't spy any blue (though I'm obviously no expert!)

Video-

I think it looks promising? With my limited knowledge anyways! It's almost 11k at Yadav but I found it for 6k elsewhere which is much more in my sweet spot. It's 3.34 carats which sounds huge but also... I have very large hands anywho. Adding a photo of %'s and HCA results even though I know it's just for ruling things out and not for selecting.

Thoughts? Anything your eyeballs see that my inexperienced ones don't?

Thank you again
Screenshot_20230614-010123_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230614-002952_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230614-002952_Chrome.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 14

Rough_Rock
Nice stones but the prices look a little on the high side
Out of the 2 the 2.64ct looks like a better option

Thank you! I think I found maybe a better contender? I'm trying but thank you for your input

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Okay! Thank y'all so much. I was looking at Yadav as I've had great service from them in the past. But I do agree- those prices were steep!

What about this stone? HPHT. 3.34ct, budget friendly. HCA results were good. I don't spy any blue (though I'm obviously no expert!)

Video-

I think it looks promising? With my limited knowledge anyways! It's almost 11k at Yadav but I found it for 6k elsewhere which is much more in my sweet spot. It's 3.34 carats which sounds huge but also... I have very large hands anywho. Adding a photo of %'s and HCA results even though I know it's just for ruling things out and not for selecting.

Thoughts? Anything your eyeballs see that my inexperienced ones don't?

Thank you again
Screenshot_20230614-010123_Gallery.jpg

No blue nuance and I think you've found a winner!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
101116 - I found this exact diamond for around $2650...is the price you've been quoted comparable?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@101116 said she found it for $6K. Your price is much, much better. Should make her very happy!

Ah, I see that now - my reading powers weren't fully booted earlier. :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Rough_Rock
Ah, I see that now - my reading powers weren't fully booted earlier. :)

Wait! Nevermind! I slightly stalked the site you recommend sometimes in other threads and found it. Oh my gosh! THANK YOU!!!!

Also. Dumb question, but lgd site is legit right? I've never ordered from them before.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Wait! Nevermind! I slightly stalked the site you recommend sometimes in other threads and found it. Oh my gosh! THANK YOU!!!!

Also. Dumb question, but lgd site is legit right? I've never ordered from them before.

Yes...see the latest diamond that breanne got from them. :)

Rough_Rock
Yes...see the latest diamond that breanne got from them. :)

Their stone is beautiful! So.... I had immediately contacted them to place the stone on hold for 24hrs so I could show my partner tonight. They got my info, said it was on hold... and it sold. And I just spoke with the same person who put it on hold and I'm not getting very far ‍:???:

So. If you have any suggestions, I'm open! Looking (now that I know how crazy those first prices were) for under 3k for 2.6-3+ct, d/e color (I'm very color sensitive and hate this about myself), vs1 clarity, hpht process. In case anyone has any suggestions

I do very much so appreciate the help. Truly!

Last edited:

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Purchased from LGD and had amazing service. Also, stones don't go on hold immediately. They have to call whomever has the stone, which is usually a completely different time zone. Then it takes like 2-3-4 days (if you are lucky), so, don't ask for a hold lol, it will sell before then. Even after my stone sold, it was still listed for sale for probably a week, I'm sure some people tried to purchase it finding out that it would be unavailable.

Rough_Rock
Purchased from LGD and had amazing service. Also, stones don't go on hold immediately. They have to call whomever has the stone, which is usually a completely different time zone. Then it takes like 2-3-4 days (if you are lucky), so, don't ask for a hold lol, it will sell before then. Even after my stone sold, it was still listed for sale for probably a week, I'm sure some people tried to purchase it finding out that it would be unavailable.

Thank you for this! Yes, I gotta be a bit more stealthy about it :lol-2: Your diamond is gorgeous by the way!!

diamondgeeknerd

Rough_Rock
Their stone is beautiful! So.... I had immediately contacted them to place the stone on hold for 24hrs so I could show my partner tonight. They got my info, said it was on hold... and it sold. And I just spoke with the same person who put it on hold and I'm not getting very far ‍:???:

So. If you have any suggestions, I'm open! Looking (now that I know how crazy those first prices were) for under 3k for 2.6-3+ct, d/e color (I'm very color sensitive and hate this about myself), vs1 clarity, hpht process. In case anyone has any suggestions

I do very much so appreciate the help. Truly!

I am not expert but this looks pretty to me. It is listed on lgd over 3.5k but I saw another vendor selling it a little bit under 3k. I don't think I see blue nuance either but I am not experienced enough to say.
1686860307122.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I am not expert but this looks pretty to me. It is listed on lgd over 3.5k but I saw another vendor selling it a little bit under 3k. I don't think I see blue nuance either but I am not experienced enough to say.
1686860307122.png

That looks like a great option!

Rough_Rock
1686860307122.png

That looks like a great option!

Oh! Yes! That's beautiful!

Could I also snag a second pair of eyes on this one?

https://ecolightdiamond.com/VM/Vision360.html?d=P51C-31&btn=0&sv=0&z=0

It's a G but surprisingly I only see a breath of warmth? Is the E clearly better? I don't know why but I like it?!

Also smitten with that E though. Thank you so much! What a find :kiss2: tis a contender for sure! Screenshot_20230615-170718_Drive.jpg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@Karl_K any thoughts on this 3carat if there will be any wonky optics?
I know the picture probably isn't much to go on, but I don't want to post the link to the video since it contains the grading report number.

Screenshot_20230615-161632-111.png

Screenshot_20230615-161513-295.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@Karl_K any thoughts on this 3carat if there will be any wonky optics?
I know the picture probably isn't much to go on, but I don't want to post the link to the video since it contains the grading report number.

Screenshot_20230615-161632-111.png

Screenshot_20230615-161513-295.png

This one may be a no-go...I switched over to my computer monitor and I think I see some slight blue nuance.

Screenshot_20230615-165621-751.png

Rough_Rock
This one may be a no-go...I switched over to my computer monitor and I think I see some slight blue nuance.

Do you happen to see any blue nuance with the E 3.17ct @diamondgeeknerd posted? If not, I may bite the bullet. I feel like I can see like a whisper of blue in it but it could just be sparkle?

diamondgeeknerd

Rough_Rock
Oh! Yes! That's beautiful!

Could I also snag a second pair of eyes on this one?

https://ecolightdiamond.com/VM/Vision360.html?d=P51C-31&btn=0&sv=0&z=0

It's a G but surprisingly I only see a breath of warmth? Is the E clearly better? I don't know why but I like it?!

Also smitten with that E though. Thank you so much! What a find :kiss2: tis a contender for sure! Screenshot_20230615-170718_Drive.jpg

The G looks pretty in the video! i don't know enough so definitely need the experts to confirm @DejaWiz @Kim N

If you are interested in the E and is ready to purchase, please let me know. I can tell you which vendor it is (not affiliated). The price i saw is $2,968.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Do you happen to see any blue nuance with the E 3.17ct @diamondgeeknerd posted? If not, I may bite the bullet. I feel like I can see like a whisper of blue in it but it could just be sparkle?

Not even a little!
Look at the very edges of the crown and girdle = no blue, so not a Type IIb!

Screenshot_20230615-171714-832.png

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

looks a bit grey, whats the color grade?
If above G might be fine.
The images look good and the numbers can work.
If the price is low the color might be the reason.
Might or might not be a good trade off.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
looks a bit grey, whats the color grade?
If above G might be fine.
The images look good and the numbers can work.
If the price is low the color might be the reason.
Might or might not be a good trade off.

E color, and I think it is bluish-gray now that I've viewed it on my computer monitor.
Thanks for taking a look, Karl!

Rough_Rock
Not even a little!
Look at the very edges of the crown and girdle = no blue, so not a Type IIb!

Screenshot_20230615-171714-832.png

I think this is the G? That or my screen is extra off!

I was asking about this one

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I think this is the G? That or my screen is extra off!

I was asking about this one

My mistake - I'm sorry!!!

Yes, that one appears to have a slight bit of blue nuance.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results