shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose between these H&A RBC''s please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
I guess I am open to other suggestions as well, but these are the three on my short list. Which would you choose for yourself or you loved one? I want the best looking diamond I can find!

0.85-ct.
G
VVS2
D = 6.1-mm
No FL
Table: 53.5%
Depth: 62.13
Crown: 34.38-deg
Pavillion: 40.94-deg
HCA 1.6 EX/EX/VG/VG
Isee2 9.4
BrillianceScope
http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_85ct_g_vvs2_h%26a.htmhttp://www.goodoldgold.com/0_95ct_h_si1_h&a1.htmhttp://www.goodoldgold.com/0_85ct_d_vs2_h&a.htm

0.85-ct.
D
VS2
D = 6.08
Med FL
Table: 52.4%
Depth: 61.64
Crown: 34.16-deg
Pavillion: 40.87-deg
HCA 1.5 EX/EX/VG/VG
Isee2 9.7
BrillianceScope
http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_85ct_d_vs2_h%26a.htm

0.95-ct.
H
SI1
D = 6.3-mm
No FL
Table: 53.2%
Depth: 62.28
Crown: 34.62-deg
Pavillion: 40.86-deg
HCA 1.8 EX/EX/VG/VG
Isee2 9.1
BrillianceScope
http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_95ct_h_si1_h%26a1.htm

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Well I''m definitely NO EXPERT but if you are going with RB...why go with D color or VVS clarity? It seems like a waste to me since RBs especially ones with great cut face up very white and mask inclusions well. So with that...I think I''d stay in the SI1 - VS1 range and maybe F-I color.

I''m sure some others will chime in with their opinions but I just thought I''d throw my 2 cents out there. I''m definitely not a fan of going with high clarity (in fact I"m looking at an SI2 stone but that''s just me) so I think if I had to choose I"d pick number 3 but I''m sure someone will give you some other ideas with other stones as well. Good luck!

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
First of all - the link to the first stone is wrong so we cannot see it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don''t like the very high clarity on #1

I don''t like the flouro on #2

My vote is for #3. I really like the H SI combo and that stone (and gemex report) look awesome. Just make sure it is eye clean.

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
As long as color and clarity are good I really don't care about them. I'm not going to spend time looking for a lower color stone just so I can get a slightly larger stone when these score amazingly for light return. My biggest requirement is that it's a sparkly-as- heck perfect looking diamond from Rhino.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_85ct_f_vs1_h&a.htm

what about this one? It''s around the same things that you have now and it''s ideal cut??? Don''t know what your budget is or if I''m around just thought I''d go to the cut search and see what came up. I like the depth and table on this one a little better than the ones you have listed plus the HCA is 1.2

or

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-6747106

This one is nice as well.

Just a few suggestions. There are so many here that will be able to search for even better options than I''ve just given but I''d thought while I had some time I''d throw these out there.
Good luck!

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
link fixed

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
OK, guys. I''ve pretty much 99.999% decided it is going to be one of these three stones. Help me a make the final selection. First let''s eliminate one of the 0.85-ct diamonds. Which do you prefer?

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the D VS2

Sphinx

Rough_Rock
I prefer #3. It is a bigger stone and if it is eye clean, it would look like vs without X10 magnification.
Usually SI1 clarity is not shown by the naked eye.

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
I realize I am asking you to split hairs here...but how about a few more opinions?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a no-brainer for me.

Best HCA, Amazing Brilliancescope, superb clarity, no flor.

Slightly smaller but the sparklies will make it look bigger.
Slightly more color but G is still great.
Slam dunk: #1.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #2 -

I have a 0.74ct D color with strong blue fluoresence, and I love it! To me, the fluoresence is a bonus.

It appears this one (the D) actually has the best ISee2 at 9.7, #1 (the G) scores 9.4 - but, you really are splitting hairs here.

The BS are all very comparable - again the differences in exactly where the bars fall on the scale are not perceptible to the human eye.

I will offer my non-expert opinion though that I prefer the LS and IS of #2, as #1 and even more so #3 appear to have a slightly more pale center, indicating contrast due to leakage, if that makes sense. I''d guess #1 and #3 are from the same cutter. I like #2 - it''s photos and LS and IS all look very "clean and crisp" to me, if that makes sense.

Have you talked with Jonathan at all directly? Why don''t you have him pull them and look at them - he''ll be able to give you a much better "personality comparison" than we can from pics.

He also has this nifty little DiamondDock for photographing stones - why not have him line all 3 up and see what YOU think?

I really don''t think you can go wrong with any of the 3, obviously. It comes down to what your real priority is - color, size, or clarity. But I''d take the D..........
2.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
From the cut grading information you have given us it is a coin toss. You can not possibly lose with any of those three stones.

Wink

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 2:10:23 PM
Author: ecf8503
I like #2 -

I have a 0.74ct D color with strong blue fluoresence, and I love it! To me, the fluoresence is a bonus.

It appears this one (the D) actually has the best ISee2 at 9.7, #1 (the G) scores 9.4 - but, you really are splitting hairs here.

The BS are all very comparable - again the differences in exactly where the bars fall on the scale are not perceptible to the human eye.

I will offer my non-expert opinion though that I prefer the LS and IS of #2, as #1 and even more so #3 appear to have a slightly more pale center, indicating contrast due to leakage, if that makes sense. I''d guess #1 and #3 are from the same cutter. I like #2 - it''s photos and LS and IS all look very ''clean and crisp'' to me, if that makes sense.

Have you talked with Jonathan at all directly? Why don''t you have him pull them and look at them - he''ll be able to give you a much better ''personality comparison'' than we can from pics.

He also has this nifty little DiamondDock for photographing stones - why not have him line all 3 up and see what YOU think?

I really don''t think you can go wrong with any of the 3, obviously. It comes down to what your real priority is - color, size, or clarity. But I''d take the D..........
2.gif
I agree about the LS and IS for #2. And I also agree about splitting hairs on the BS and Isee score. Right now I''m leaning towards the D 0.85 and the 0.95.

Jonathan has been increadibly helpful so far and has provided me with his opinions on the stones.

rstillin

Rough_Rock
Did GOG give you the isee2 scores, or did you get them from the website info?

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 4:42:56 PM
Author: rstillin
Did GOG give you the isee2 scores, or did you get them from the website info?
I got the results from GOG. They do not put them on their website. But I think you can get them by asking.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I would go with number 3 based on the numbers. I like the extra size, and think it will be visible, and don't think you are giving up anything visible. However, that said, I would be interested in what Jon thinks since he has seen them side by side.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
cut wise this is my favorite
0.85-ct.
D
VS2

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 9:14:38 PM
Author: strmrdr
cut wise this is my favorite

0.85-ct.

D

VS2

That one''s the bomb, y0!

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
i would rather have a slightly smaller D VS2 than a slightly larger H SI1. You won''t notice the size difference of .2 mm IMO but that bright white color will just pop! I usually think looking for a D is overkill, but in this case it''s just icing on the cake - a very nice cake!

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input, all!
35.gif

I''d like to introduce you to my new baby:

0.85-ct.
D
VS2
D = 6.08
Med FL
Table: 52.4%
Depth: 61.64
Crown: 34.16-deg
Pavillion: 40.87-deg
HCA 1.5 EX/EX/VG/VG
Isee2 9.7
BrillianceScope
http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_85ct_d_vs2_h%26a.htm

I could have put a turbo-charger on my car, but instead I decided to get married. I hope the ring will make her as happy as the turbo would have made me!
9.gif

The stone is on its way to the RockDoc right now. Then once I take a look at it, it''ll be off to Excel to be set in a size 5 6-prong Tiffany-style platinum solitaire ring.

Thanks to Jonathan and everybody else at Good Old Gold for their help. Jonathan got quite a few emails from me the past few days! I''ll hold off on a written-in-stone reccomendation until the transaction is completed. But so far I love those guys!

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Please be sure to post pics of the finished ring when you get it.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
That ring is going to be a star. Besides, she would look REALLY silly with a turbocharger on her hand.
2.gif
Great choice. I love the stone, and I adore that setting.

shay

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates!!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!! Geat choice...
9.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Hooray! After all the analysis and comparison, there is the added bonus of something mentally very special about a "D". It's sure to be a beautiful stone! Congratulations and can't wait to see pics of the final ring.

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
In case you don''t want to read the whole thread, I bought a 0.85 D VS2 H&A from GoG for my lady. Love the stone. I had so much fun playing with it that I could barely part with it to have it set
7.gif

I finally sent it off and now it''s in a Supercert tiffany setting. The ring is perfect. I tried to find something wrong with it but I couldn''t. And I looked hard. I couldn''t even find anything that made me think, ''Well that''s great and all, but tey could have done it a tiny bit better.'' Now I just hope it''s not too small!

So this weekend we are off to Catalina to do the deed. She has no idea that''s why we''re going. I''m sure by now the more senior members have the ''Four Preps'' songs in their head. Every person over 50 who I told we were going to Catalina responded in song: ''26 miles across the sea...Santa Catalina is wating for me...''

Now I just need to call her father. I think that''s going to be awkward. We are closing in on 30 and we live 3000 miles away from him...so it seems a little odd, pointless, for show, etc.. But everybody tells me I should still ask him first. So I will.

You''ll have to excuse the lack of detail in the pics. I need a new digicam. At least it''s still tiny because otherwise I''d just get a new one...and I''ve spent enough money recently!

75cl.jpg

19ik1.jpg

25xe.jpg

31vr.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my that is gorgeous!!! Have fun this weekend, she''s going to love it!! You did a great job!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...turned out beautiful
30.gif
30.gif

My husband didn''t ask my dad...we were in the same boat about living so far apart not to mention I''m not very close to him either. I told him not to bother when the time came. He didn''t and all is still right in the world
2.gif

Good luck with your proposal. Make sure to post hand shots after your trip!

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/9/2006 3:31:35 PM
Author: Small

My husband didn''t ask my dad...we were in the same boat about living so far apart not to mention I''m not very close to him either. I told him not to bother when the time came. He didn''t and all is still right in the world
2.gif

That''s how I feel. I bet she''d feel the same way. But everybody else (included her mother - they are divorced) thinks he would appreciate it. Maybe it''ll prove useful when it''s time to pay the caterer
6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results