shape
carat
color
clarity

help me choose between 3 AGS "ideal" princess cuts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

grimm

Rough_Rock
Hi gents and ladies, it''s me again () : )

So I have in my hands copies of the AGS certs of the 3 highest quality AGS certified princess cut diamonds under a carat in the State..how do I know this? Becuase I have been to every jeweler in the state and most could not even show me a princess cut stine that wasn''t some mediocre rock already in some cheesy setting. One of the two most famous and reputable jewelers in the state ordered them in for me to look at for a few days "and had a hell of a hard time finding them."
I asked for Ideal but Excellent is what I got and I dont think I could afford an Ideal at B&M pricing, PS vendors spoil me *sigh*

Stone 1
.817cts
4.97x4.92x3.76mm
Cut AGS Excellent 1
light 0, proportion 1, finish 0
Polish and Symmetry Ideal
Color H
Clarity VS2
Table 70.9%
Depth 76.5%
Crown 13%, 47.1 degrees
Pavilion 59.2% 40.1 degrees
girdle 4%-4.8%
Culet pointed
It says vs2 but the gemologist could not find it with a loop, the picture on the cert looks like maybe one fiber of paper was black
Price: $4845

Stone 2
.744 cts
4.82x4.81x3.68mm
Cut AGS Excellent 1
Light 0, proportion 0, Finish 1
Polish Ideal, Symmetry Excellent
color H
Clarity VS1
table 74%
Depth 76.5%
Crown 13.1%, 48.7 degrees
Pavillion 59.5%, 40.0 degress
Girdle 3.2% to 4.1%
Culet pointed
The inclusion chart looks blank to me, granted its a copy
Price: 4585

Stone 3
Not really in the running, a little pricer than I''d like, an extra $400 when we couldn''t see a difference
.774cts
4.87x4.79x3.68mm
Excellent 1
0/1/0
Polish Ideal, Symmetry Excellent
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Table 74.9
Depth 76.8
Crown 13.1%, 48.6 degrees
Pavillion 59%, 40.0 degrees
Girdle 3.8%, 4.6%
Culet pointed
Tiny tiny tiny pinpoint a little offset from the very middle, I guess I''m paying for G?

So I was hoping you percentage professors could give me pointers. I can easily see that they are all about the same size from over a foot away cuase of the table size and the millimeters in size, but past that i dunno, a princess cuy chart I saw suggested here calls them all a little deep, but then somewhere else it says that makes them return light better so?
Thanks for your help

Anyway, they all looked very nice to me, but I''m color blind and haven''t seen many amazing quality princess cuts despite my best efforts
My girlfriend really would like to say that her diamond came from the best jeweler in the state, but I can see the same diamond (well "AGS000" actually) for $2000 less a stone on GOG or whiteflash. I dont think B&M is worth it, and I really dont want to pay 8K total by the time we''re said and done, she wouldnt like missing out on $300+ a month for the next 3 years either, but she''s so gun-shy about talking money since her family has filed for bankruptcy a time or two. She just "knows what she wants."
So anything from GOG or WF would be a dissapointment, but to really stay within a decent budget she would have to settle for a mediocre stone from the "best" jeweler. Sigh.
sorry to rant
anyway, they said they can only hold these for 3 days so times a ticken
Lead me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results