shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose an eBay setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got a BB pink tourmaline coming, so I''m trying to find a setting. It might seem presumptuous since I don''t actually have the stone yet, but even if I don''t keep the stone, I''d definitely use the setting for something else since I like stones in that size.

Soooo, I''ve got my eye on 2 eBay settings. The first is from one of the numerous sellers from China, and yes, I know he sells under several aliases. He''s willing to customize the setting for an 8mm round, and upgrade the diamonds to VS,G for $600. Here are 3 pics - I tried to do a collage, but it cut off part of pics, so you''ll have to endure multiple posts.

diamondmounts1.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Another view.

diamondmounts2.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Profile.

diamondmounts3.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
The second one is a little simpler, but still different.

Oxford1.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
$600...yeeks. That's a lot for a China setting. Does he have auctions going for it?

I love the second one too. What is the price diff?

Both are so pretty ... hard to pick!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Side view.

Oxford2.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Profile. This one''s $550.

Oxford3a.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2009 9:50:33 PM
Author:cellentani
I've got a BB pink tourmaline coming, so I'm trying to find a setting. It might seem presumptuous since I don't actually have the stone yet, but even if I don't keep the stone, I'd definitely use the setting for something else since I like stones in that size.

Soooo, I've got my eye on 2 eBay settings. The first is from one of the numerous sellers from China, and yes, I know he sells under several aliases. He's willing to customize the setting for an 8mm round, and upgrade the diamonds to VS,G for $600. Here are 3 pics - I tried to do a collage, but it cut off part of pics, so you'll have to endure multiple posts.
Cellentani,
I don't know if you know this, but I asked LOGR about customizing several of his 6mm round settings for an 8.3 mm round I have, and he was able to do it for all of the variations I asked. You know the split shank ring with my rubellite? Well, I wanted that ring for another stone, and he was able to customize that setting for an 8.3mm stone, in 18K yellow gold, size 9, and upgraded diamonds for around $420. Not a bad deal.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2009 9:53:35 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
$600...yeeks. That''s a lot for a China setting. Does he have auctions going for it?

I love the second one too. What is the price diff?

Both are so pretty ... hard to pick!
Yeah, I thought it was pretty steep too, but the diamond weight is (supposedly) 1.4tcw. The wavy ring has about 1tcw.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$600 does seem expensive for a made in China ring. Even a VVS, G LOGR is under $500, from what I''ve seen and heard.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Is it just me or does the first ring look better made?

The second one is more modern.

What''s in your jewelry box? Which one would add more variety?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2009 9:56:59 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Cellentani,
I don''t know if you know this, but I asked LOGR about customizing several of his 6mm round settings for an 8.3 mm round I have, and he was able to do it for all of the variations I asked. You know the split shank ring with my rubellite? Well, I wanted that ring for another stone, and he was able to customize that setting for an 8.3mm stone, in 18K yellow gold, size 9, and upgraded diamonds for around $420. Not a bad deal.
That is a good deal, TL! When I asked him to customize, it was going to be another $140 plus a $30 non-refundable labor fee - it would have brought the total to over $500. He obviously likes you better.
2.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
boy, both look so beautiful, do you already have a single halo setting? I really like #1 but like the single halo look, but if you already have a single halo look then #1 would be beautiful. However, I like #2 because i do like simpler setting, can you photo shop your stone into it? not much help ehh because Im 50/50

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hmm that''s tough. Considering how similar the prices are, I think it depends on what you have (like the others said). I think you already have a single halo ring (the Bev K right?) but of course that''s with a square halo, not a round. So I might lean towards the double halo if you don''t already have one. I like the side profiles for both though!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2009 10:04:54 PM
Author: cellentani

Cellentani,
I don''t know if you know this, but I asked LOGR about customizing several of his 6mm round settings for an 8.3 mm round I have, and he was able to do it for all of the variations I asked. You know the split shank ring with my rubellite? Well, I wanted that ring for another stone, and he was able to customize that setting for an 8.3mm stone, in 18K yellow gold, size 9, and upgraded diamonds for around $420. Not a bad deal.
That is a good deal, TL! When I asked him to customize, it was going to be another $140 plus a $30 non-refundable labor fee - it would have brought the total to over $500. He obviously likes you better.
2.gif
This ring???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220410899953

He is adding more gold and diamonds though, it only has .29 ct of diamonds to begin with.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I like both but the second one a bit more. It''s very different, not the usual halo ring.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2009 10:00:52 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
Is it just me or does the first ring look better made?

The second one is more modern.

What''s in your jewelry box? Which one would add more variety?
Here''s my ring collection - don''t laugh, I know it''s small. Sorry it''s blurry, but at least you get an idea.

jewelryboxrings.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2009 10:12:54 PM

Date: 5/25/2009 10:04:54 PM
Author: cellentani

Cellentani,
2.gif
This ring???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220410899953

He is adding more gold and diamonds though, it only has .29 ct of diamonds to begin with.
Oh sorry TL, it was the legacy-style I''d asked him about (for my morganite), which I know is more $$ to begin with.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And here''s Barry''s stone, if that makes any difference. I''m a little worried the stone will be on the dark side, so I wonder if the second setting would be better since it''s more open?

BB Rubellite Tourmaline.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results