shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose a sapphire!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sloe-eyed

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I''ve been looking for the right stone for my e-ring forever, and now that the wedding plans are going strong, I feel like it''s time to just pick one and be done with it. There are three from Natural Sapphire that appear promising (I want an unheated stone). Any opinions for/against any of these?

http://thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/nscnet/expandedstones.aspx?stoneid=B1051

http://thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/nscnet/expandedstones.aspx?stoneid=B2085

http://thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/nscnet/expandedstones.aspx?stoneid=B140

This is the setting that I will have custom made, with slight adjustments ("leaves" on side will be tilted closer together for a smaller gap)

2.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I''m no expert, but I like the first one. The other two look really deep, which would mean the ring would have to stick up high. I know the depth sometimes helps the color or something like that tough...

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
1 or 3 look nicer to me...it seems that 2 windows toward the center from straight on, which would bother me.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
From the pictures, I like the look of B1051 as well but buying a colored stone just based on pictures can be tricky. Is there any way to look at all 3 in person at once (have them sent to a local jeweler or appraiser)?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the first one .. it''s "vivid" and has a smaller table & nice cushion shape. Good face up size for the weight too.

On the setting ... logically I can''t see how the two leaves can be pushed any further together without seperating in the back then?? It''s spacial relations - not magic ... I''m stumped! Maybe *smaller* leaves?? Or maybe the gap won''t bother you so much with a cushion shaped stone in there?

Anyway - looking forward to the final product & many pix!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I agree with everyone else - the first one. The color is "Vivid", which is the most intense. The stone is just as spready as the others that have higher carat weights. The price is the best. The proportions are nice. The sparkle looks fab.

I might ask the NSC if they would send the stone to the AGTA for an independent cert - I''m not sure what their policy is.

This will be a gorgeous ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be beautiful! I can''t wait to see the finished ring! I do like that setting just the way it is!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The first one gets my vote. Didn''t love #2, and #3 I like too, but doesn''t look fully saturated. Going by pics is hard for colored stones. But this company has a great rep on here. Love the setting as is....

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first one. Its absolutely gorgeous! The color and dimensions look the best to me.
1.gif

sloe-eyed

Rough_Rock
thanks! #1 it is...I''ll post pics when I receive it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results