shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose a handbag for a friend - poll.

Which do you prefer?

• Pink

Votes: 50 76.9%
  • Blue

Votes: 15 23.1%

• Total voters

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Prefer the blue's shape and color, but the only reason I voted for the pink is because I can't stand the rose print patterns. Absent the pattern, blue all the way!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the regular Edie better because the turnlock one is too tall in my armpit and the shape not as pleasing to me. I think that's why I love the shape of your little yellow one!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
>sigh<

I'm thinking about the wallet. :- /

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
>sigh<

That would be a nice gift. A bit of cheerfulness hiding in her purse and she would think of you when she used it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the wallet idea best too!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only reservation is that we tend to have multiple handbags, but only one wallet. If her wallet is in fine condition (and there is no way I can check) then it will sit in a closet somewhere, unused.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only reservation is that we tend to have multiple handbags, but only one wallet. If her wallet is in fine condition (and there is no way I can check) then it will sit in a closet somewhere, unused.

I do have multiple wallets in different colors that match bags. Maybe I'm weird like that. I tend to carry a bag for a few weeks or months rather than changing more often though. Light colors or patterns in summer and darker in winter and I have quite a few. :oops:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another thought is there are a few wallet on a string/crossbody type at Coach. Does she carry those when traveling or going out?

I have this one and like it because it fits my phone. I can still use it as a wallet in a purse as well. They have that cute blue pattern in one too though it is not really a wallet.

https://www.coach.com/coach-phone-c...24&start=7&cgid=women-handbags-crossbody-bags
65558_dkhgr_a0

https://www.coach.com/coach-noa-pop...4&start=26&cgid=women-handbags-crossbody-bags

31829_svnyf_a0

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
>sigh<

I really like the wallet. She can change purses but every time she pulls out her wallet she’ll be reminded of what a GREAT and generous friend you are..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I said yes to the wallet but you have a point. I’ve had my wallet for five years and I’m not changing it any time soon..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok..I like the blue turn key the best. I think it will go with a lot..

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have matching purses and handbags. So yes, if I change my handbags, I also change purses, I don’t just put a blue purse into a red handbag :D

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the blue is really cute with the patterns and the crossbody strap, but the pale pink is probably more versatile.

This thread is dangerous - I had just managed to persuade myself not to look at bags (my weakness!) and now I am thinking of how cute those would look with various outfits... :twisted2:

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not to add to the general lack of concordance but I think it is strange that the thread is generally segwayed into 'how much I love my bright, solid coloured eye catching bag with a very minimal silhouet' and the two options being debated are pastel, fussier (more zips, less streamlined) and in one case patterned. It seems discongruous, as if you like one asthetic, but are forcing the set of options to conform to something else.

You sound like an awesome friend though!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, handbags are such a personal thing that I’d probably do the impersonal thing and give a gift card.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, this is the one I'm getting. Thank you one and all. I think the pink might be too girlie for her, most people seem to dislike the pattern, and while I have - and use most often - black, brown and beige bags - I want this one to be something one normally doesn't have, which can be pulled out of the wardrobe for specific outfits or looks. It's a fairly muted blue (as opposed to sky blue or turquoise) and has a lot of grey in it. So I'm hoping it's sedate enough not to offend.

@qubitasaurus - I love bright bags. But most people don't, ergo the choices. I also love pastel bags, ergo the choices. And I *am* an awesome friend. Ergo the choices. :mrgreen:

Bag 3.jpeg

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice :D

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @Austina! And when all is said and done...it's a latest season, free, Coach handbag. How bad can it be??

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love Coach bags, and that’s a great style, I’m sure she’ll be thrilled with it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, you made an excellent choice! I love it. I'm tempted to put it on my Christmas list lol. And you are so right, a free Coach handbag, what's not to love? :P2

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s my favorite hands down. Great choice!
(Love your daffodil yellow bag, but since I practically pack the house in my purse...) :lol-2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're still undecided maybe a coach gift card? Last coach I purchased was the Drifter in red (Grace has the same sillouette!) Loved the color and the leather/suede combo. They did some pretty cool limited colors like hot pink and yellow.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, this is the one I'm getting. Thank you one and all. I think the pink might be too girlie for her, most people seem to dislike the pattern, and while I have - and use most often - black, brown and beige bags - I want this one to be something one normally doesn't have, which can be pulled out of the wardrobe for specific outfits or looks. It's a fairly muted blue (as opposed to sky blue or turquoise) and has a lot of grey in it. So I'm hoping it's sedate enough not to offend.

@qubitasaurus - I love bright bags. But most people don't, ergo the choices. I also love pastel bags, ergo the choices. And I *am* an awesome friend. Ergo the choices. :mrgreen:

Bag 3.jpeg

I love this! I think it is light enough for those who prefer lighter colors while still dark enough for those of us who don't carry light colors. It is also a great color without being too in your face (which I have been loving this year!) if she likes more subdued. Great shape and size!

So... Is there a Show Me The Handbag thread somewhere??? (Because at 28 bags I clearly need more?)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a wonderful choice. I rarely buy handbags, but the last one I bought was that color of blue. I bought it in Maine while visiting my best friend. It was not a designer bag, but a nice leather bag that I found at a store called "The Grasshopper Shop" while my friend and I did something I never get to do: went shopping together with a friend. I love it that it goes with denim.

ETA-I just looked at the bag. It is a Fossil and the color is Faded Indigo.

https://www.fossil.com/us/en/products/rachel-tote-sku-ZB7507491C.html

FadedIndigoFossilHandbag.jpg

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a wonderful choice. I rarely buy handbags, but the last one I bought was that color of blue. I bought it in Maine while visiting my best friend. It was not a designer bag, but a nice leather bag that I found at a store called "The Grasshopper Shop" while my friend and I did something I never get to do: went shopping together with a friend. I love it that it goes with denim.

ETA-I just looked at the bag. It is a Fossil and the color is Faded Indigo.

https://www.fossil.com/us/en/products/rachel-tote-sku-ZB7507491C.html

FadedIndigoFossilHandbag.jpg
Pretty! Love the color.. I love totes and crossbodies..

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see you have decided! I voted blue from the original choices because I like the style and love the one you actually chose as far as the leather goes. I have discovered I love smaller crossbody bags. I downsized my Coach wallet to a smaller size than the one above, and now it can fit in my smaller bags.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results