shape
carat
color
clarity

help me check this out

hc2011

Rough_Rock
Do you think the inclusions in this diamond are too big for a vs2?

Will that crystal in the middle affect the lighting, should i look for another diamond without the crystal?

or is the crystal basically not visible and would hardly affect anything?

Thanks for the help.

the GIA report is attached

Attachments

• 9000.pdf
    366.9 KB · Views: 78

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Should be fine unless you have very sharp eyes. Have you see the stone or is the online?

hc2011

Rough_Rock
this is from blue nile,

it is my first time buying a diamond ring, and I am not sure if blue nile is the best choice.

I do know people that have bought from there, but their rings were not as expensive as this one.

There are a lot of reviews out there about blue nile mostly good, some bad... but it should be fine...

i am just worried if this is not worth the money, and I dont want to regret not spending a little more for one that doesnt have a crystal in the middle.

I am also worried because I dont think blue nile can show me a real picture of the diamond

Thanks!

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I would throw a couple of diamonds out at you

This is an SI1 but it looks just as clean as the VS2

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2632203.htm

Again looks like a really clean diamond

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2661538.htm

You would have to call BGD to get the pricescope discount I think it is 5% off with wire price

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=BLAGS-104050213001

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=BLAGS-104050981014

I just think you would be getting better quality :twirl: Cut is everything

hc2011

Rough_Rock
actually the second brian gavin one you showed looks perfect, and the price is right.. the specs are like the same one as the one im seeing from blue nile.. i do notice that it was an AGS report compared to GIA.. ive read that they are both reasonably good labs, but would you be able to tell which one is more strict.. what Im basically asking is if the AGS ratings are equal or even better than GIA?

thanks for the help..
and I will definetly be looking at brian gavins site a lot more..

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
AGS is stricter on cut for sure. AGS ideal stones usually sell for a slight premium over GIA excellent stones. You should have no reservations with an AGS Ideal stone at all!
They grade color and clarity similarly, it's a range so especially for color so one might say a stone is a G while the other says it's an H but that can be true within the same lab as well. I don't think you can go wrong with the BGD stone, and you are able to see it and have the other data to know what you are getting which is nice compared to the Blue Nile one. They tell you more than just what's on the report which is a big plus.

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
If you are interested I would call and have them put a hold on it while you are thinking about it so someone else doesn't snatch it up!

hc2011

Rough_Rock
i will probably get the stones from brian gavin then.. but i will hold on tight for a while cause i noticed that the one from the link above is a strong blue fourence.. which I am not a fan of, i rather something with none.. which i may get the hearts and arrows cut from brian gavin

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, sorry the one you listed had medium blue, so I thought maybe you liked it.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
hc2011|1310063135|2963961 said:
i will probably get the stones from brian gavin then.. but i will hold on tight for a while cause i noticed that the one from the link above is a strong blue fourence.. which I am not a fan of, i rather something with none.. which i may get the hearts and arrows cut from brian gavin

Is there a particular reason that you prefer to have a stone with no flourescence? I'm because there is little to no impact, depending on the level of flouresence, to the stone. Its very likely that you wouldn't even know that your stone had any flourescence at all. Flouenscence actually helps some lower color stones appear to be more white and they also tend to be less costly allowing you to increase size, color or clarity. Just a thought that you may want to consider....

Congrats by the way! :appl:

hc2011

Rough_Rock
farmer gal|1310064071|2963977 said:
Oh, sorry the one you listed had medium blue, so I thought maybe you liked it.

no worries, I am still new to all this, so at first I was only lookin at the 4 c's and price haha, thanks for the help so far

Christina...|1310087568|2964288 said:
hc2011|1310063135|2963961 said:

Is there a particular reason that you prefer to have a stone with no flourescence? I'm because there is little to no impact, depending on the level of flouresence, to the stone. Its very likely that you wouldn't even know that your stone had any flourescence at all. Flouenscence actually helps some lower color stones appear to be more white and they also tend to be less costly allowing you to increase size, color or clarity. Just a thought that you may want to consider....

Congrats by the way! :appl:

I think normally it wouldnt matter anyways, but when it is under black light which is possible, i dont want the Strong blue flourescence, I am not saying that it will happen often, but on occation, bars, or different places even like mini golf or movie theatres have black light,

but basically i am wondering.. if there is no flourescence.. does it mean that it will not shine blue at all when under black light? or it will still give out some no matter what..?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results