shape
carat
color
clarity

help me buy a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrchips

Rough_Rock
okay i''ve been to two private retailers and still can''t decide.

i want to spend or have a budget of max $10,000 CANADIAN. i''d like at least a ONE CARAT and between D-F colouring and if possible VS1 or higher. i was thinking of maybe some side stones as well. either princess or round i''d like.

can you please help me or suggest diamonds that i can find for that will fit that budget.

her ring size is a 5, so will side stones be too much on such a small hand. she is tiny in size as well.

PLEASE HELP!!!

thanks so much to everyone who replies in advance. i really appreciate it.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
just do a search using ''pricescope your diamond''. if you select ''cut quality search'' you can automatically narrow it down to only the top cuts.

mrchips

Rough_Rock
these are without settings though right?

i''m wondering if its cheaper to just buy a preset diamond then loose and then the band.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
So you are basically looking to spend $8500 US . . . So, let''s keep the center stone at $7000 to give you options for a nice setting
I would suggest you drop a little in clarity because VS1 or better is overkill in my opinion.
I would also drop in color but as I understand some people are color sensitive so that would be a personal decision . . . have you seen a F color and a G color together? Have you looked at stones of various colors to figure out where you start to discern the yellow? You might want to try that to better guage how high you can go before it matters.
If you''d be okay with a G or H and an eye clean SI1 . . . you could get a bigger and better diamond . . . just MHO.
In any case here are a couple of options:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=936441

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=860738

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
If you want the best quality and "Control" over the final product, I would buy the diamond loose and choose a setting to put it into . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results