shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Marquise diamond.

carl1984

Rough_Rock
Hi,

could use some help with this diamond as I haven't seen the diamond in person, but I have received a email today with a picture of the diamond under a microscope ( please see below the diamond).
I have been looking on the internet about bow ties and how a marquise diamond should be etc. and I am starting to get nervous as I have never purchased anything with out seeing it, and this has cost me a few thousand pounds. any help would be great and put me at ease as I am not getting the ring for another 7 days.

below is the specifications of the diamond.

Carat weight 1.17
cut very good
color E
Clarity IF
ratio 2.19
depth 61%
table 60%
Polish excellent
symmetry excellent
girdle medium to thick faceted
cutlet none
measurements 11.74x5.37x3.27

ld02809601.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so have you already purchased this?

carl1984

Rough_Rock
yes I have I know I should not of purchased it with out seeing it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
carl1984|1405042027|3710999 said:
yes I have I know I should not of purchased it with out seeing it.
OK.
Let me ask you this. Is it returnable? What do you want to do about it if it in fact is very dark through the middle?

carl1984

Rough_Rock
yes it is returnable I get a 30 day return on the ring. the truth is I do not know I have asked for a photograph of the diamond not under a microscope. I am new to this and been looking on the internet for months trying to find the perfect ring I finally chose that diamond.

what is your honest opinion?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
carl1984 said:
yes it is returnable I get a 30 day return on the ring. the truth is I do not know I have asked for a photograph of the diamond not under a microscope. I am new to this and been looking on the internet for months trying to find the perfect ring I finally chose that diamond.

what is your honest opinion?

well my honest opinion is that it very well could have a bad bowtie.

BUT, so what if it does, return it and start fresh. Dont stress out until you see it in person. Look at in a few different different lighting environments and really try to evaluate. do you hate it, do you love it??

If you dont love it, return it. I know it can be daunting, but this forum loves to help, and im sure if this one doesnt work then there are others. I can think of two right of the bat in the same ballpark that are worth investigation.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/marquise-cut/1.05-carat-e-color-si1-clarity-sku-222673

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/marquise-cut/1.11-carat-d-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-53923

so dont get down! get it in your hands. if you dont like it, dont settle. :bigsmile:

carl1984

Rough_Rock
cheers for the links I will take a look.

I will have to get my mother to look at the ring and take pictures in different lighting environments for me as I am stuck in the south china sea for the next 4 weeks.

thanks again

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results