shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Looking for small (3mm-ish) Tahitian pearl studs

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi all - I've searched through all the usual vender sites, and can't seem to locate any pearl earrings (studs) that are below 5 or 6mm. Does anyone have any advice?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a pair of about 8mm to be worn with a pair of earrings jackets from PP when I was in LA in 2016, and was informed Tahitians do not go much lower in size.
IMHO, your best bet is to look for dyed Akoyas or FWs.
I bought my 6mm in white and black, can't remember if they were Akoyas or FWs, to be worn with a different pair of earring jackets, along with a pair of WG studs, via different vendors on eBay some years ago.
jackets_allthestudssmall.jpg

DK :))

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought a pair of about 8mm to be worn with a pair of earrings jackets from PP when I was in LA in 2016, and was informed Tahitians do not go much lower in size.
IMHO, your best bet is to look for dyed Akoyas or FWs.
I bought my 6mm in white and black, can't remember if they were Akoyas or FWs, to be worn with a different pair of earring jackets, along with a pair of WG studs, via different vendors on eBay some years ago.
jackets_allthestudssmall.jpg

DK :))
Thanks! I'd be happy with any dark-black pearl, doesn't have to be Tahitian. I'm having trouble finding anything in the 3mm-size range at all. I'll take a look on ebay.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've just seen on IG, that Cees has posted very nice 6-7 mm pearls, but if you are looking for smaller pearls, I assume, its going to be really hard. Tahitian pearls you can find usually above 6 mm, so your best choice is going to be black akoyas. Maybe have a look at Rakuten, you can find a lot of pearls there.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe check with Pearl Paradise and see if they have any suitable Tahitian keshi pearls they could pair up? Probably be off round at best but maybe close to 3-4mm?

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the recommendations - off to research!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
you won't find genuine 3mm round tahitians as they are grown on a bead and the bead will be bigger than 3mm to start with
Freshwater black or very dark round pearl studs are straightforward though

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results