shape
carat
color
clarity

Help: Looking for pictures of "stack" rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for a picture of stack rings, rings that are channel set and very thin, that are worn one on top of the other. I am looking to have some made in different colored gemstones, perhaps blue, pink, and yellow. I need to show a picture to the jeweler though. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is there a designer known for these that I can show him and he can copy?

THANKS!
love.gif

lesliez

Rough_Rock
This site has may diffrent styles of stack rings www.precisionset.com, they should have the style you are looking for.

CLS_CHN-2633.jpg

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
I just spent some time looking at the site, THANKS!

What do you think of these?

stackredwhiteblue.jpg

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Fancy - let us know about price. The dealers in my area are high end, and I'm not sure about other colors.

lesliez

Rough_Rock
I like the square cuts better personally, I like that the stones touch and do not leave the gaps in color that are present with the round stones. You mentioned that you were looking for thin rings another idea is to set the emerald cuts on there side like # 4025. I think any of the rings mentioned here would look good and in the end it depends on what you want to wear. If you are using any of these pictures to guide the creation of a custom piece you can choose to have the stones al the way around the band in an eternity band style or have to 3/4 (or any fraction really) of the ring covered with stones like the ones pictured.

CLS-SPC-4032.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
6200 looks like my eventual wedding band!
1.gif
prong set small stones eternity style. Bet its cheaper than mine..damn!
errrr.gif

Oh and check out this website...I found it a while ago. They do stacking rings in different styles and stones...and their prices are very reasonable. You may not even have the need for a jeweler to do custom...they have a huge catalog of stacking rings and they build them custom for your order. I corresponded with them for a little while.

http://www.myjewelrysource.com/catalog/stack/stack_ring.htm

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
Mara - Thanks for the web site, I am going to check it out. I guess I have to first figure out exactly what I want in terms of style and cut of stones. What do you know about the quality of the stones they use?

I think princess cut stones would look better if I choose channel set, but if I choose prong set, then I would get the round stones.

I haven't decided which "look" I like better -- on one hand, with channel set, part of the stones are covered by the gold. On the other hand, in the prong set band, the white gold may "interfere" with the continuous look of color going across the band.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way...WWW

There is a firm which used to cary a line of such bands (red, blue, pink, yellow and green) called DIAMRUSA. The rings are no longer on their web which carries recent models only... maybe you have heard of them.

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
I hadn't heard of it, thanks for the info.
wavey.gif
I really have to decide whether I want channel or prong set ... I may have to go to my local jewelry exchange and see what's there to see if they have anything, how expensive it is, and what style I like. I just hate walking around there because you get hassled by every vendor you pass.
angryfire.gif

Anyone have opinions about the channel vs. prong?

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
**bump**

ThatKoreanGuy

Rough_Rock
does anyone know where they sell the wedding band that goes inbetween the engagement ring? I've seen this design where the engagement ring is 2 bands instead of one with a large space in the middle like this ||| ||| and in that space is where you set the wedding band. so it completes the ring and that way you can wear both.
16.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like Hidalgo, but there could be others too...

Kay

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/15/2003 10:21:26 PM Fancy wrote:

I think princess cut stones would look better if I choose channel set, but if I choose prong set, then I would get the round stones.

I haven't decided which 'look' I like better -- on one hand, with channel set, part of the stones are covered by the gold. On the other hand, in the prong set band, the white gold may 'interfere' with the continuous look of color going across the band.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

----------------

I would go with channel set princess or baguettes -- I love the continuous line of color. Also, for stacking purposes, I would prefer channel over prong setting so there is a clean, straight line of gold at the edge of each ring where they meet up.

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
Thaks Kay, I agree after thinking about it that I prefer the chanel set, and I would probably choose princess cut for the continuous line of sparkly color.

I also found this picture ...

stackringsfromtheknot.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are so nice together! Great! I have also seen a range of multicolor bands, less fancy I should say, at an unexpected source: Faycullen...

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
valria .. I checked out the Fay Cullen web site ... I had never heard of them before. What's their history? There were so many gorgeous antique looking rings!
appl.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
So, has anyone found any more stack rings to look at? I LOVE THEM!

I saw so many different kinds when i was in NYC in the jewlery district on Tuesday. WOWSER. Some of the eternity rings were so BIg that i doubt the wearer could even make a fist!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
try OGI they have the best in my opinion

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
to fancy..........channel can look cleaner, prongs more antique

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
1st of all, BUMP!

2ndly, where can I find colorful stack rings like in the pic above – the ones will antique look? LOVE THEM!!

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results