shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Looking for micro-pavé split shank (no halo) setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock

Hi everybody - sometimes I think there are just too MANY posts on here (if that''s possible! lol) I''ve been trolling for a thread that shows me a link to a setting but can''t find one.... last resort is to straight up ask:

My b/f and I are getting engaged (finally!) and after much consideration (and back and forth on whether to go new or vintage) I decided I would like a 1.5 to 2 carat square cushion in a micro-pavé split shank (without a halo). The thing is, I''d like both "rings" of the shank to appear to go completely around both sides of the stone (where the stone appears to sit nestled in between the rings, rather than sticking out up top) I haven''t seen ONE setting yet where both "rings" continue all the way around. I have only seen settings where the rings (and the micro-pavé) stop at the stone then continue again on the other side. To put it in it''s most simple form: I would like it to look as though there are two thin eternity bands that are attached to each other at the bottom and that hold a stone in between them at the top.

I''m going to try to find a photo of what I DON''T want to make this clearer...... will post it when I find it....... thanks!

Jodie M.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for those - yes, I love his stuff too - the prongs are so..... unique (and slightly evil looking! lol)

Sigh....... I was hoping I could find one without doing a custom piece (it seems like such a simple design that it would be EASY to find, you know?) It''s the "basket" that gets me (I just don''t like the look of them at all). The designs seem to go one of two ways - either it''s a "modern" piece and modern pieces have visible baskets and you just end up with this very hard, square edged THING that looks like it''s just floating on the top of the shank OR - you decide to EMBRACE the basket and include it in the design (like the second Leon Mege ring in your post - R948) The double shank is exactly what I want but the basket part isn''t......

The search continues....... thanks for those though........

- Jodie -

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Found a photo (Tacori) that is almost what I''m looking for but again, it has the "break" in the row of diamonds where it meets the basket on each side which is what I''m NOT looking for........

split shank NO2.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have seen what you are asking for but it was custom. No idea where I can find the photo again but I will try.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I could be completely off, but are you talking about something like this (minus the dips where the stone is "hugged")?

(Photo borrowed from the PS gallery.)

durnellpearlmans.jpeg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Here is one that''s similar to what you''re describing... This one does have a halo, but I know they do custom work and could probably do one without the halo if you asked...
ring

E B

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another from Knox, though it has the basket you don''t want, but it''s closer?

Knox Custom 1

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I talked to my jeweler about doing one of these for three stones. Is this what you were talking about?

DSCN3749a.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 9:03:41 PM
Author: orbaya
Here''s one from Leon Mege that sounds exactly what you''re describing...I think! LOL!

It has 3 stones, but it could be made with one, and with a different shape I would imagine.

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=442&mode=search
That ring is very similiar to the one I had in mind. I don''t know where I saw it but it had a single cushion stone in it and I seem to recall the photo with a black background like Leon''s photos.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
how about this one:

https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/radiant1002bb.jpg

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/31/2008 4:33:06 AM
Author: CharmyPoo

Here''s one from Leon Mege that sounds exactly what you''re describing...I think! LOL!

It has 3 stones, but it could be made with one, and with a different shape I would imagine.

That ring is very similiar to the one I had in mind. I don''t know where I saw it but it had a single cushion stone in it and I seem to recall the photo with a black background like Leon''s photos.
This is exactly what I was thinking, yes - thank you! (I wanted the stone nestled into the space between the bands just like that!) I must''ve missed this one when I looked at the web site I guess. Not sure how much the cost would be though (as I said, I was hoping I could find it in a stock setting mainly so I could go with the biggest stone I could afford - oops - WE could afford. The more expensive the setting, the smaller the stone has to be and I was really hoping for 1.5+ carat)

Thanks everyone for your help! I''ll keep checking this thread if anyone finds a stock one anywhere.......

Jodie

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/31/2008 12:29:51 PM
Author: mausketeer

Date: 12/31/2008 4:33:06 AM
Author: CharmyPoo

This is exactly what I was thinking, yes - thank you! (I wanted the stone nestled into the space between the bands just like that!) I must''ve missed this one when I looked at the web site I guess. Not sure how much the cost would be though (as I said, I was hoping I could find it in a stock setting mainly so I could go with the biggest stone I could afford - oops - WE could afford. The more expensive the setting, the smaller the stone has to be and I was really hoping for 1.5+ carat)

Thanks everyone for your help! I''ll keep checking this thread if anyone finds a stock one anywhere.......

Jodie

You''re welcome!

When you''re ready, it can''t hurt to get custom quotes from a few different vendors. Who knows, you might be pleasantly surprised.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results