shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Looking for a 3.21 round ideal cut G VVS2 engagement stone. Clueless please help!

mercyme

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Help please! Looking to purchase a 3.21, round ideal cut diamond. Ideal everything, stone in G color and VVS2 or above, earth mined stone.

Budget is not an issue and flexible. I have not been able to find a 3.21 round stone with those specifications.

I am deciding between I.D. jewelry and Whiteflash to make the ring, but can’t find the center stone. Looked at rare carat, whiteflash, blue nile, Tiffany’s, James Allen and no one can find me the stone.

I am completely new to buying diamonds and the carat and color are extremely important they be precise. There is special meaning behind those specs. Will it be impossible to find?

I have tried to make sense of the depth, cut percentage ratios, and the ASET report but I don’t believe I fully understand them. It’s why it is difficult for me to rely on my own judgment.

Would greatly appreciate hell finding the stone.

Carat: 3.21 (must be precise)
Cut: ideal everything
Budget: $64,000 (flexible)
Color: G (must be precise)
Clarity: VVS2 or above
Earth mined diamond
GIA certified

Thank you, in advance!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the closest I could find to your specs.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is difficult to find a specific diamond with your spec requirements. I would call some of the vendors and see if they have anything coming down the pipeline that that might meet your requirements. Is there any flexibility on any of those specs? One thing more important than another? I think you may have to bend on something or be prepared to wait for a good long while given supply chain issues these days. Best of luck to you!

TXwidow

Shiny_Rock
Or consider having one cut to your requirements. Any particular reason you won't consider AGS?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
since you don't think clarity must be precise, I'd be very tempted for the stone @vintageinjune and @Kim N linked. It meets your "must" requirements and VS1 is nothing to sneeze at. Plus, the lower price that @vintageinjune found looks pretty attractive. I'd put that on hold if I were you. Even if you go the custom cut from rough you still can't guarantee everything.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
@mercyme, Your connisoieur specs and requirements may require a bespoke custom cut. Try reaching out to jannpaul.com to see if they can fulfill your needs. Their proprietary and unique 111 facets Decagon or Round 10 Super Ideal Cuts H&A are AGS 000 graded and optical performance too, which GIA does not grade. Your first session of 1-2 hours will deal with diamond education as they want their clients to be informed customers. If you decide to continue, they will discuss diamond rough availability and cutting wait time on your second interface.

For custom cut 57 facets Round Brilliant SIC consider either briangavindiamonds.com or goodoldgold.com.

Good luck and keep us updated.

I don’t think that you can custom cut to such a precise weight and colour. Even buying something of a higher weight and cutting it down, it may be impossible to get such an exact weight.

I think if you can allow yourself to go from VVS2 to VS1, that would probably be your best bet. I couldn’t get the cert for the B2C stone suggested, so I don’t know if it’s a good cut or not.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the B2C stone is $90k vs. $47k for the vs1 on Adiamor.

mercyme

Rough_Rock
hello all, thank you very much for the prompt help and apologies for the delay on reply, had a medical emergency in my family and it took a lil while to get settled. Now back to stone hunting. Thank you for your help. Will reply individually.

mercyme

Rough_Rock
This is the closest I could find to your specs.

It is difficult to find a specific diamond with your spec requirements. I would call some of the vendors and see if they have anything coming down the pipeline that that might meet your requirements. Is there any flexibility on any of those specs? One thing more important than another? I think you may have to bend on something or be prepared to wait for a good long while given supply chain issues these days. Best of luck to you!

Thank you. I think you are correct and I have finally accepted it would be virtually impossible to find that specific of specs, especially on the time crunch I am under. 2.5 weeks. I am now open to other types of specs as long as the cut is ideal and I end up with a beautiful quality stone.
There is flexibility in my specs with the exception of ideal cut and minimum of 3CT but no more than 3.5CT and prefer VVS2 or above. Color is also flexible up to an H or I but would rather not take anything bellow a G. Thank you for helping me understand.

mercyme

Rough_Rock
Or consider having one cut to your requirements. Any particular reason you won't consider AGS?

Thank you, the reason for not considering AGS was ignorance. Hehehe! Thank you for making me be curious as to the difference between GIA and AGS.
could you give me your opinion between these 4 stones.

3.352 H VV2 Ideal Hearts and Arrows

3.137 I VS2 Ideal Hearts and Arrows

Apologies but I don’t have a link for this stone. Just the GIA report. Price on this stone is $109,559 I don’t know about cuts or angles etc. So I don’t know how good the cut is on this stone compared to first 2.

9FD03F1C-5592-4F85-B881-BAD200145C31.jpeg

And lastly this stone which is similar to the one linked above from other users (except the one linked is gone)

3.21 G VS1 Excellent Cut

I am unable to discern which of these stones( if any) is the best quality, but also a reasonable price for the specs. I am open to any other stones within a 3CT up to 3.5CT for $80K or under preferably no fluorescence, ideal cut and color is also flexible, GIA or AGS. feel free to link anything you may think is a great stone. Thank you!

mercyme

Rough_Rock
@mercyme, Your connisoieur specs and requirements may require a bespoke custom cut. Try reaching out to jannpaul.com to see if they can fulfill your needs. Their proprietary and unique 111 facets Decagon or Round 10 Super Ideal Cuts H&A are AGS 000 graded and optical performance too, which GIA does not grade. Your first session of 1-2 hours will deal with diamond education as they want their clients to be informed customers. If you decide to continue, they will discuss diamond rough availability and cutting wait time on your second interface.

For custom cut 57 facets Round Brilliant SIC consider either briangavindiamonds.com or goodoldgold.com.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Thank you. I was told that even getting a custom cut stone would not guarantee an exact carat weight at the end. With that in mind I have become more flexible in my specs. 3CT or above up to 3.50. G color or better. VVS2 or better. No fluorescence, ideal cut, hearts and arrows, and ideal cut measurements on all specs. GIA or AGS certified. If you know of any fabulous round cut stones that may fit these specs please feel free to send my way. On a bit of a time crunch now to find our perfect stone. Thank you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are looking for an ideal cut, hearts and arrows diamond, I would stick to those graded by AGS. Having said that, I like the two 3+ carat diamonds from Whiteflash. The obvious difference are size, clarity VS2 vs VVS, color H vs I, all with a significant price difference. The H color stone is better in terms of color, size and clarity but I see the I color diamond is reserved. Did you reserve that one? If so, I assume it appealed to you more - especially the price?

mercyme

Rough_Rock
If you are looking for an ideal cut, hearts and arrows diamond, I would stick to those graded by AGS. Having said that, I like the two 3+ carat diamonds from Whiteflash. The obvious difference are size, clarity VS2 vs VVS, color H vs I, all with a significant price difference. The H color stone is better in terms of color, size and clarity but I see the I color diamond is reserved. Did you reserve that one? If so, I assume it appealed to you more - especially the price?

thank you for pointing out it was reserved, had not noticed it. I didn’t reserve it, but I did speak to someone at whiteflash about it. I don’t believe they put it on hold for me though. I also liked the H VVS2 better. The budget is flexible, we would rather choose our ideal forever stone now, and never upgrade.

Between these two stones at WF which do you personally believe is better stone?

3.17 J IF - Ideal cut

3.352 H VVS1 Ideal cut

I don’t understand why an IF would be so much cheaper than a VVS1. Is J color that bad? They both have negligible fluorescence.

mercyme

Rough_Rock
just realized H stone is graded ACA and the J stone is graded “Expert selection”, I understand that ACA is the better cut. Am I correct? I still think H is the winner.

Have you seen any other great stones lately? Thank you very much for your help

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
just realized H stone is graded ACA and the J stone is graded “Expert selection”, I understand that ACA is the better cut. Am I correct? I still think H is the winner.

Have you seen any other great stones lately? Thank you very much for your help

I prefer the H as well. I think a J will be pretty noticeably warmer and agree with josieKat that it will likely be too warm for you.

An Expert Selection is a stone that just barely missed the strict requirements for being an ACA, usually for reasons undetectable to the naked eye. I wouldn't hesitate to get the J on that basis alone.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!

The whiteflash H looks the most balanced one. BGD is nice and icy white, but you have to be comfortable on the price.

Here is another option from Victor Canera. https://victorcanera.com/diamonds/AGS104113673001/3.568ct-I-VS2-hearts-arrows-round-natural-diamond
But I colour, which could start to look tinted for some. Another add on to consider for this option is however, you can get Victor’s hand forged setting. Not sure how do you weight the attributes or quality of the setting, I just saw you mentioned this would be your forever ideal stone and ring. And Victor's in-house stones are also considered super ideal, with this one of nearly 10mm wide, is that coverage important to you? Or just above 3ct. in terms of weight is fine?

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you for pointing out it was reserved, had not noticed it. I didn’t reserve it, but I did speak to someone at whiteflash about it. I don’t believe they put it on hold for me though. I also liked the H VVS2 better. The budget is flexible, we would rather choose our ideal forever stone now, and never upgrade.

Between these two stones at WF which do you personally believe is better stone?

3.17 J IF - Ideal cut

3.352 H VVS1 Ideal cut

I don’t understand why an IF would be so much cheaper than a VVS1. Is J color that bad? They both have negligible fluorescence.

Prices sometimes depend on when the diamond came into their stock. Prices have continued increasing so something bought later would be priced higher. The H color stone has two color grades over the J and breaches another mark at 3.25 and higher that accounts for the price as well.
Between the two, if the finances would allow, I would definitely choose the H 3.35 diamond!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 3.35 H/VVS1 :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results