shape
carat
color
clarity

Help -- Locating this E-ring setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jesrush

Rough_Rock
Hey Friends,

I found the *perfect* setting at sndgems.com (link below) and ordered it, only to be forced to cancel the order three weeks later because they never got around to fulfilling my order and were terrible about returning phone calls. So I was curious if anyone has seen anything vaguely like this setting elsewhere?

PT320e (bottom right)
http://www.sndgems.com/platinumsemimounts2.html

Basically I''m looking for a slightly souped up Tiffany-style solitare setting. The basic plain tiffany-style solitare is just a little too plain for her tastes. Nothing too elaborate/fancy... something in the middle.

Thanks!

-J

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think probably any one of the vendors on here could help you out and make it for you if its not commonly available.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely saw this somewhere else... maybe Ingver? or some other catalog... Hopefully I will track the respective alternative down.

This is just a rather random idea, but would an engraved ring do the trick? I liked the rope detail on the SND ring and, somehow, it brought up engraving as somewhat being of the same flavor.
read.gif

I definitely saw this somewhere else... maybe Ingver? or some other catalog... Hopefully I will track the respective alternative down.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These two are listed by Blue Nile... for example. This is about the 'look" I had in mind, even though hand engraving sounds way better to me and could easily be done.

bndr.JPG

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
Have you considered having it made? Even in platinum that is a fairly simple and easy design to make with the simple twist patterned inlayed into the band. For a gold/platinum smith thats a couple hour job with the right materials and tools. The twisted part or any other part of the ring could be done in two tone white or yellow metals pt or gold for some additional contrast...but thats just if I were making it. Alot of online companies stock only photographes...its easier that way, but if they dont make there product it can be weeks or months before you see a ring sometimes. That ring as a custom order should be turned around in a week to 10 days. I have done them before, its not that hard.

jesrush

Rough_Rock
All,

Thanks for the replies! Those blue nile rings aren't too far off and David it was helpful to hear that a custom version of the ring wouldn't be too difficult. In the end, I decided to go "offline" and do some looking... I stumbled on the Vatche X-Prong comfort setting (not knowing it was Vatche) and was pretty much sold on the spot. It was gorgeous! Not nearly as thick as I'd thought from the pictures. I think she'll be equally happy with that. Thanks for all you help!

-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results