shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! it''s another diamond solitaire pricing/sourcing question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kasumi168

Rough_Rock
Hi

I know this is another pricing thread,
but i''m after an upgrade to my E ring.

I want a GIA 2 - 2.5ct, D-E colour, VVS2-VS2, Ex Cut, Non Fluor Round Brilliant.

I like diamonds that are icy white (IYKWIM)

I''m in Australia, so any recs will be appreciated.

Plus does anyone know how much customs is if i import a solitaire from the states, or other online store?

I''m really kicking myself for letting go a beautiful 2ct E, VS1, Ex Ex Ex Non Fluor RB a while back
39.gif

Thanks!

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
Storm''s given you links to two awesome stones there.

Regarding the import duty, you have to pay the local taxes to customs as required by your country.

For example, in the UK we pay 17.5%VAT (value added tax) on everything we buy within the country. Therefore, when I bought my diamond from the USA, I had to pay 17.5% extra to UK customs.

There are some Australians here, who I''m sure will be able to give you the specific % you''ll have to pay.

x x x

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I believe that it is 16.5% if you import a set piece of jewelery into AUS but keep in mind no one will insure loose stones here.

kasumi168

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the recs!

So the 16.5%, is that inclusive of GST, or just the customs duty? I can order a setting as well so the stone will be set in a new e-ring/bridal setting, as my current one won''t hold a 2ct stone

I''ve never tried to import such expensive jewellery to Australia before, so i hope if someone has done it before can chime in!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results