shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!! Is this Tiffany''s Charm lock Bracelet fake?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dknymodel7

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!
I just want to say Ive been here in the past and everyone is so helpful that I''m back!!
20.gif
I had questions about my engagement ring and everyone helped/guided me the right decision.

I now have another question regarding a Tiffany''s Charm Bracelet. I was browsing on Ebay and spotted this Tiffany Icons lock Charm Bracelet

Does anyone have experiences buying Tiffany''s from a Non Tiffany''s store? The retail price from Tiffany''s Website is $770.00.

I''m looking to purchase it for my Fiancee''s birthday in Febuary and wanted to make sure it''s authentic.
Base on the pictures what do you guys think? Do you guys know where else I could get this Bracelet
from a reputable store/online?

Thanks in Advance!!!

tiffany_icons_lock_charm_bracelet.bmp.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
What bothers me about this auction is that all the feedback is private and none of it includes any description of the items that were sold. I would ask for better photos, including seeing the locks off the bracelet. Even then, it''s a tough call.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
It looks fake to me (and I have a LOT of Tiffany jewelry pieces). Genuine Tiffany items are only going to be guaranteed when they are coming from Tiffany or a trusted reseller like Signed Pieces.

If you can''t afford the real bracelet, why not buy your girlfriend a single charm and either the plain bracelet or a chain necklace now, and add more charms on future occasions? If she wants the real Tiffany, I would not be trying to find one on ebay. It is highly doubtful you''ll find one there.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I sold some of my pieces not long ago on ebay, so I believe sometimes they can be real. However, all of mine came with original receipts...and the bag, box, pouch....

For silver items especially, looks for listings that have the receipt.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Hi DKNY,

The other posters did a good job of describing the pitfalls of Ebay generally, so I''ll point out some things about the piece specifically.

Opening up two side-by-side windows, I see:
-- the U-shaped portion of each "lock" is longer on the ebay item than the tiffany website''s pic;
-- the circle-shaped charm''s "925" mark is SIGNIFICANTLY larger than the size of it on the one on the T site;
-- and for a more vague observation, the stamping on the other pieces look sloppy and slightly lopsided in the pictures the seller took, and the lettering font looks subtly different.

Based on the above (esp. the second observation), I''d say fake.

If you want to get her one, get a basic one from the store, and buy new charms as your life progresses together. Good luck!

f-d-l

vslover

Shiny_Rock
I just compared it to mine and I think it''s fake too. The 925 is too big and the locks seem longer, thinner and spaced farther apart than mine. Sorry. I''d start with just the bracelet and a charm and add on as you grow together!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
It's a really good thing you posted this before buying. The workmanship on the Ebay bracelet looks shoddy and the bag and card don't look like the real thing. You really shouldn't buy Tiffany items from anywhere other than a Tiffany store, unless its a preowned item that you can see in person and authenticate. There are no legitimate retailers of new/unused Tiffany items.

It would be a great idea to get the bracelet and one charm, and add on for each special holiday. Good Luck!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fake to me...the font just looks off. The box with the ribbon charm does not look right, looks more rectangular than square. The links look like they are flat inside, where the real one has rounded links.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks fake to me. the workmanship on the charms looks
14.gif
. you can get the starter Toggle bracelet, no charms, at Tiffany''s for $175 and it''s gorgeous by itself. Get her that and then you can add charms for special occasions in the future.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw the real one at Tiffany''s, this looks fake to me also.

Linda

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
It's fake.

One of the charms looks potentially real, the 1837 lock, not the round one, but the squarish one with curvy sides. That lock retails for $125 by itself.

This bracelet is a "composed" bracelet, meaning it is all sold separately and one can purchase any of those charms alone. They are removeable and can be placed on the bracelet in any order or space that the owner wishes. It looks to me like a concerted effort to replicate the Tiffany web site image.

I have personal experience with each of those charms and all but the one I mentioned appear fake. I cannot be sure about the other w/o handling it.

The Tiffany & Co. care of sterling card as of right now, does not say "Care of Sterling Silver" on the same side as the "Tiffany & Co." name. The genuine card says Tiffany & Co all by itself on the front and the reverse says: Care of Stering Silver, etc. They may have an old card here, which could be genuine amd now discontined, but it does not look good.

I would buy some Tiffany items off ebay as I have seen ones that I am quite sure are real. This one is not real IMO.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
FAKE!!!compare the two pictures...the engraving on the ebay bracelet has no depth...the link bracelet is flat and not rounded on the inside like the genuine bracelet...the bows on the charms are not alike....700.00 is alot of money for a sterling charm bracelet!You could find a quality 14kt.white gold bracelet for that price.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto...It''s a fake.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Tiffany & Co actually sued Ebay in 2004, stating that 73% of Tiffany items sold on Ebay that year were counterfeit and that it was hurting Tiffany''s reputation. The only reputable seller of Tiffany is Tiffany, as far as I''m concerned.
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is gross fake. All you have to do is look at the close up of the Ebay''s round lock and then go look at the same lock on the Tiffany & Co. page. They don''t even have the same font, and the fake looks just terrible!

Don''t buy it, whatever you do!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very fake and I don''t even own any Tiffany. The fonts just look off.

My mother bought what she thought was real Tiffany earrings off of ebay and the seller swore up and down it was real and ebay/paypal ruled in the seller''s favor (not really a surprise ebay and paypal are owned by the same people and don''t want to lose money). She typically paid by credit card and forgot just this once and used the money in her paypal account so she couldn''t take it up with anyone else.

I really wouldn''t chance it.

dknymodel7

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone!

Thanks for giving me your feedbacks! I looked at the pictures for awhile and
felt there was some differences which is why I had to get 2nd opinions.
I can afford it and would like to get it for her birthday, since she has one this year
(she was born on leap yr). But we have a wedding in may 09 and trying to purchase a
new house in couple of months!!

Anyway, thanks everyone. I''ll post pics when I do get it.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you notice that the listing also is no longer there? I wonder if ebay cancelled it.

adimitrov

Rough_Rock
I believe it is fake and would advise only to buy non silver Tiffany items second hand. Even with a receipt a silver piece can be fake. There are people who make a living making fake pieces. They will even go buy a real piece to show the receipt and then sell you the fake and return the real. Be very careful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results