shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Is this sapphire pair good value/quality?

mags12098

Rough_Rock
Quoted $1340 for these stones for a two stone ring.

What do you think of the match and price? IMG-20240206-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20240206-WA0001.jpg

mags12098

Rough_Rock
The stones themselves are not bad. The price is. No more than $300 to $400 for both.

This vendor wants to rob you.

Thanks for letting me know - I've looked around but can't find many pairs, and less so under $1000. I went to a jeweller who sourced similar stones for between $1500 and $2800 but good to know that I shouldn't be paying anywhere near that.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for letting me know - I've looked around but can't find many pairs, and less so under $1000. I went to a jeweller who sourced similar stones for between $1500 and $2800 but good to know that I shouldn't be paying anywhere near that.

Yes, you will always pay more at a brick and mortar store. They have to pay the bills. the good thing about it is at least you get to see the stones in person before you buy.

Try David Weinberg at www.multicolour.com Ask him if he can find you something.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think those prices are about in line with what I am seeing at many vendors these days who are US based and have a store front and offer returns. Sapphire prices have skyrocketed. This type of cut is also uncommon from what I have seen, and there’s a premium for matched pairs. I’m not an expert but that’s just my observation recently.

EDIT I’m assuming heated?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them. Would confirm heat-only. If yes, price seems fine.

Have you seen them in person? Cell phones do wonders for blue sapphire saturation -- you will need a more objective image.

They seem to differ in brilliance -- but it could just be skin contact. The left one seem less brilliant.

Color match is plenty good for my eye. I like the color -- a bright, if a little undersaturated, periwinkle.

Given the differences in brilliance and proportions, I see them more as earrings/studs than I do both in the same ring (i.e., both in the same field of vision). Having trouble visualizing a ring....

mags12098

Rough_Rock
I think those prices are about in line with what I am seeing at many vendors these days who are US based and have a store front and offer returns. Sapphire prices have skyrocketed. This type of cut is also uncommon from what I have seen, and there’s a premium for matched pairs. I’m not an expert but that’s just my observation recently.

EDIT I’m assuming heated?

Yes heated. I'm in the UK and see that from dealers here too, but these are from an e-retailer in HK. I've definitely noticed the cut is a big factor in price. I might just go for spinels instead.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results