shape
carat
color
clarity

Help, Is this emerald worth buying?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
I have very little knowledge of emeralds and its price points and need advise on whether this 8.51ct for AUD$6100 (USD $5400 approx) is a good buy or not. The stone is oiled but not filled with resin and has visible inclusions. I've asked for more info and have been told the colour is as shown- light to medium green, more green grass than olive. The colour looks more blue green to me though. Here's a picture of the stone, please let me know what you think.

stock003b.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally, I''d pass. The emerald is poorly saturated and cut, hence the low price. I don''t mind inclusions in emeralds, but these are not especially interesting ones.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I don''t love it either... have you seen it in person?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The emerald doesn''t have character - even the colour looks dead. I''d pass.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
pass...this large amount of money can buy you a better gem that will be worth the money...keep searching.

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Thank you helping me out!
emteeth.gif

Haven''t seen the stone in person yet but will do tomorrow. I get the feeling this is more for the size than quality tho.
I agree that the stone, to my inexperienced eye and going by the picture, just doesn''t "wow" me.

I spoke to a jeweller today and he said that there isn''t much supply of good-fine quality emeralds in Australia these days- various reasons being conflict in origin countries, depressed market and substantial amount of highly treated stones as well as general lack of interest due to the significant cost of good stones and predominant interest in diamonds.
7.gif

I''ve started looking online but couldn''t see any on wildfish and palagems seem to be based out in USA and no recommended Australian jewellers seem to be listed on their website. Can anyone and everyone who loves and owns an emerald let me know where I can start looking online? Really would like to walk in to a store and see it in person but have no idea who specializes in gemstones out in Sydney.

Cheers!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto what everyone else said. I don''t like it either and it has a window too

Linda

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''d pass too. I think you can find something better.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, doesn''t work for me.

Colour is, well, meh.....

And you could drive a truck through that window.

Keep looking. That''s lot of $$ to spend so you may as well get the best you can afford!

LS

dani212

Rough_Rock
hi,
I have been on lookout for emerald or saphirre my self and came across website israel-diamonds.com - they have a lot of diferent loose emeralds form Colombia and Zambia. Also lots of loose saphirres.
I do not know if anyone here ever bought anything from them?
Anyway I lived in Sydney for about 6months - I found some realy nice antique jewelry stores.
36.gif

terracentric

Rough_Rock
I''d have to agree with others who said "pass." Good luck with your search. I hope you find the stone that just takes your breath away.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results