shape
carat
color
clarity

Help? is this diamond worth the price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luxkitty

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi!
35.gif
Amazing site!!!

I apologize, I know NOTHING about diamonds!!!
33.gif
So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here are the specs on my ering

GIA 1.80
Round Brilliant
F, VS2
Cut Grade Excellent
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Flourescence none
7.75 x 7.80 x 4.85mm OR 4.65 ... (I can''t tell if it''s a 6 or 8, the GIA copy is kinda blurry)
Crown Angle 35.0
Crown Depth 15%
Pavillion Angle 41.2
Pavillion Depth 44%
Table 57%
Depth 62.4%
Medium-Slightly Thick (faceted)

$18,900.00

What do you guys think?
33.gif

TIA~

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
62.4% depth, 57% table, 35° crown angle, 41.2° pavilion angle, HCA = 3.7.

Cut wise it is not ideal but very good, just slightly deep. Pricewise looks about on par with online pricing.

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Hi luxkitty,

The color, clarity, polish, and symmetry are fantastic.

But the Holloway Cut Adviser (HCA) gives a score of 3.7, as stone-cold indicated. And that is in the lower range of “very good,” getting uncomfortably close to “good” for a stone this expensive (Very Good = 2-4; Good = 4-6).

Additional HCA info for your stone:

Light return: very good

Fire: good

Scintillation: good

Spread: very good

With the amount of money that you are going to spend, you may want to focus on a stone that will yield EXCELLENT HCA results -- That is, a 0-2 score and an “excellent” in the above four areas. By doing so, you will acquire a stone with a better cut, and thus, with better performance.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2009 7:57:24 PM
Author: DiamondsDiamonds
Hi luxkitty,

The color, clarity, polish, and symmetry are fantastic.

But the Holloway Cut Adviser (HCA) gives a score of 3.7, as stone-cold indicated. And that is in the lower range of “very good,” getting uncomfortably close to “good” for a stone this expensive (Very Good = 2-4; Good = 4-6).

Additional HCA info for your stone:

Light return: very good

Fire: good

Scintillation: good

Spread: very good

With the amount of money that you are going to spend, you may want to focus on a stone that will yield EXCELLENT HCA results -- That is, a 0-2 score and an “excellent” in the above four areas. By doing so, you will acquire a stone with a better cut, and thus, with better performance.
Just a note here, all but the most shallow diamonds usually get 3 ex's as the spread category only gives ex to the shallower diamonds.

Luxkitty, this is what we call a steep deep with the crown and pavilion angles, the result of this is that the diamond could show light leakage and look dark in some lighting. I would look for angle ranges as below -

crown - 34 - 35 degrees
pavilion - 40.6 - 41 degrees

and preferably try to hit in the middle ranges rather than the shallower or steeper ends.

luxkitty

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you all so much! Too bad I didn't find this site sooner! Unfortunately my FI ordered the diamond... The dealer did provide additional discount @ $17,100.00

I will be receiving my E-Ring next week! Can't wait to post pics!
36.gif

Thank you again!~
Luxkitty

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results