shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP is H&A worth extra cost?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surfinboy30

Rough_Rock
Hi
I''ve recently been shopping for a diamond and have been told all about H&A and was wondering if it''s really worth the extra cost? I found a beautiful 1.28 diamond that is H&A cut however don''t know if I''m paying to much for what I found? Below are the numbers. Can anybody provide me with their thoughts on how much a diamond with these specs should sell for approximately? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really like the diamond but feel it might be a bit too much for the size.

Mike

Specs

Size: 1.28 Round Brillant

Cut: E Color VS1 Clarity

GIT Certified

Table: 55%

Depth: 62.1%

CA: 34.5%

PA: 40.8%

ST: 55%

LH: 75%

Dimensions: 6.96-6.99X4.33

Girdle: Med-STK

Cut/Polish/Sym = Excellent

Fluorescence: None

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
GIT certified???

How much are they asking for?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 12:07:53 PM
Author:surfinboy30

Hi
I've recently been shopping for a diamond and have been told all about H&A and was wondering if it's really worth the extra cost? I found a beautiful 1.28 diamond that is H&A cut however don't know if I'm paying to much for what I found? Below are the numbers. Can anybody provide me with their thoughts on how much a diamond with these specs should sell for approximately? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really like the diamond but feel it might be a bit too much for the size.

Mike

Specs

Size: 1.28 Round Brillant

Cut: E Color VS1 Clarity

GIT Certified

Table: 55%

Depth: 62.1%

CA: 34.5%

PA: 40.8%

ST: 55%

LH: 75%

Dimensions: 6.96-6.99X4.33

Girdle: Med-STK

Cut/Polish/Sym = Excellent

Fluorescence: None

Welcome!

I take it you mean the diamond is GIA graded? The diamond looks very nice, is it for sale with an online vendor? If it is with a store jeweller then the diamonds can usually be more expensive than online. Also because a diamond is said to be hearts and arrows, the seller should be able to provide you with hearts and arrows images to substantiate this claim. What is the asking price? If you could let me know if it is with an online seller or jewellery store, that would help.

As to whether h&a is worth it, firstly we need to try to determine on what basis the seller is calling this diamond a h&a and if it is indeed cut to the extreme precision of this cutting style. If so, then the question remains is having a h&a cut worth it to you? To some buyers it is, that is why some choose to buy branded h&a diamonds such as Hearts on Fire, Infinity etc, to others not so much, it depends on your preferences.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Just so you know, H&A is not the same thing as light performance. Don''t get the two things confused.

As far as price, you didn''t say what it was.

I''ve never heard of GIT?

elzny

Rough_Rock
Trade
Go to WhiteFlash website & check out their ACA H&A diamonds. They will also provide you with AGS or GIA certificate, Sarin report, ideal scope image, ASET image, etc... Compare whatever quote you were given to their price. Also dig around on this website to see how to distinguish good hearts & arrows vs bad ones. Some too fat, some too thin, etc etc.. Good luck!!!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Besides needing verification on the lab, assuming it''s GIA, and price aside, it looks like a great diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results