shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP- is Ashford.com Legit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jhortonus

Rough_Rock
I have just bought this diamond from Ashford.com. I have been doing diamond research for a couple months now and have visited local jewelers and internet sites extensively for price comparison purposes. I was shocked when I came across this diamond yesterday on Ashford.com and new I had to purchase it despite my reluctancy to buy a big ticket item online. I hope I did well- if not I can always return in 30 days for full refund. Here is the GIA certified diamond I bought for $7,200- Did I do well or is it to good to be true?

Shape- Round Brilliant
Cut- Ideal
Dimensions- 7.95 x 8.01 x 4.71 mm
Color- H
Carat- 1.82
Clarity SI2 (don''t care about inclusions NOT noticeable to the naked eye)
Depth %- 59.1%
Table %- 56%
Girdle- Thin to Medium
Polish- Very Good
Symmetry- Excellent
Culet- Non
Flourescence- Faint
Certificate- GIA

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I don't know anyone who's purchased from they, but they're big. I don't think they've been as successful as Blue Nile, but if I'm remembering correctly they popped up at about the same time. I don't think I would be too concerned about a purchase, but you should check the BBB.

lovesparkles

Rough_Rock
I don't know how good the service is, but I do know that Ashford.com at least exists - their HQ is right around the corner from my apartment.
1.gif
I understand they've had many of the financial problems that plagued a lot of dot-coms (layoffs, trouble getting financing, etc). I don't know how that would impact any return and trade-up policies they're offering.

shelbyscout

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 8/19/2003 1:37:35 PM jhortonus wrote:

Carat- 1.82
Clarity SI2 (don't care about inclusions NOT noticeable to the naked eye)

At that size it's not unusual to see SI1 inclusions let alone SI2 inclusions with the naked eye. Take a good look at it when you get it. I have a feeling that for that price, you're gonna see some stuff in there.

Shelby
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't really tell too much about the cut from the #'s you gave...but it could be a nice stone!! You may see an inclusion or two with the SI2 grading and the fact that it's almost a 2c...did you see the inclusion plot on the GIA report? That will show you what sort of inclusions the stone has ...e.g. one big one smack dab in the middle or a few scattered around etc. May help a bit.

Good luck and let us know how things turn out. Ashford.Com has been around a while and has gotten some press in WSJ (along with BN when they did a 'how do these online diamond co's rate)..I remember seeing them in there. I don't know too much more, but I have emailed them about a pendant setting I found that I liked and they were very responsive via email and friendly.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results