shape
carat
color
clarity

Help interpreting photos from online retailer

Chiswickian

Rough_Rock
I've asked for further info on a small selection of diamonds from an online retailer. I got something back for one of the diamonds, but I'm not quite sure what to make of the photos. I've attached the (redacted) GIA cert and the photos. I'd welcome your thoughts. The asking price is £5200. Many thanks.

Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 09.40.04.png Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 09.56.01.png IMG_2665.jpg IMG_2660.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think both the Hearts and Arrows images are not 100% dead-on straight, but the proportions look good in terms of the likely HCA score.

I note that the date on the grading report is 2014 - not necessarily anything suspicious or 'wrong' there, but it could be worth checking whether it's been a trade-in stone.

If it has been, I believe the recommendation is usually to ask if they can submit it for regrading.

Alternatively, you could arrange to send it to a qualified appraiser to make sure there is no damage.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The images are poorly taken so the diamond is not as bad as the images indicate however there is much better out there.
Combined with the old report which should be updated I would move on.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results