Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Insurance/appraisal question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dukegirl

Rough_Rock
A couple of questions. How much does an appraisal for insurance purposes normally cost and how quickly can someone get one?

Next, has anyone used an appraiser in the DC/Northern VA area that they would recommend. I live in Arlington.

By the way, my ring arrived yesterday. Jim at Dirt Cheap Diamonds was wonderful to work with and the stone and setting is beautiful! Very simple 1 carat set in a yellow gold tiffany-style six=prong setting. Love it! So sparkly and gorgeous!

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
Well, at the jeweler whom I bought the setting from, they normally charge $150 for an appraisal. However, they are only charging me $75. Their appraisal is pretty detailed and with pictures, then bound as little book. So, it's taking them 3 weeks to get the whole thing ready. BUT I was able to get insurance with Chubb without the appraisal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Jewelry for Women in their 20s
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.