shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP...Increasing size of side stones for ring setting

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
I am not trying to enable you by looking for yellow diamonds lol but Alex Park of Parks Fine Group on instagram has some really good deals on yellow diamonds.

I really like that your sapphire looks light yellow in some photos and then a deeper yellow in others. I was actually looking at a golden yellow sapphire yesterday to put in my old setting.

Thank you. And, yes, I've noticed that, too. It's definitely on the lighter side of yellow and not the yellow-orange side. Which is what I prefer. And I think that's why the setter and his colleague remarked that the color was on par with a yellow diamond. I'm for certain going to check out Alex Park site because I can already see that I'm going to be looking at yellow diamonds somewhere down the line!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest, I think you are making a mistake. The maker of the setting needs to set the stones. David Klass is a jeweler in CA that hundreds of PS members have used for custom work. He would do CADs for you to approve. He would order the melee for the shank. What if your local jeweler doesn't do a good job on the prongs? You might have to have the whole ring remade. No one can start on this project until you decide on the shank size. Does this person making the mounting provide you with CADs? I can tell you after being on this forum for almost 15 years that when you have a custom setting made, that jeweler is the one who should order the melee and set the stones. That way, if there are any issues, that one person is responsible. I would venture to say that most local jewelers do not have benches at the skill level of those who are known for custom work. The setting of the stones is very important and good prong work requires skill. Do a search on here and see some of David Klass' work. There are other great ring makers, but he is reasonable and does do CADs and has high quality work.

This was a good, educational post, @diamondseeker2006. Thanks for making the effort to post it. Hopefully someone with this sort of situation who is looking to learn will give it the attention it deserves.

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
This was a good, educational post, @diamondseeker2006. Thanks for making the effort to post it. Hopefully someone with this sort of situation who is looking to learn will give it the attention it deserves.

I'm sure someone will find it useful.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. I am extremely pleased with the sapphire. While at the setter yesterday I actually looked at some yellow diamonds and my sapphire was definitely on par with some of them in terms of color. But yellow diamonds are yellow diamonds!!!!!.

I know what you mean, my search led me to a vivid yellow lab diamond. I love yours with the bigger side stones. Just beautiful ❤

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
Thank you very much. I didn't think of a yellow lab diamond. You've just opened a new door for me!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results