shape
carat
color
clarity

Help in indentifying a cut please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this an Old European Cut? Early/Late?????

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I see what "look" like arrows? If so, I''d think it''s just a regular round. But I could be wrong!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hmmmm... the photo does not show all that much.....
Any other shots?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 4:12:31 PM
Author: Ellen
Hmm, I see what ''look'' like arrows? If so, I''d think it''s just a regular round. But I could be wrong!

Ditto

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No other photos I''m afraid! Just this one. I agree and it was the reason that I asked because it just didn''t look "right" somehow. Thanks for your input. The seller has told me that it''s a "late" European cut. I''m not convinced.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 4:23:16 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
No other photos I''m afraid! Just this one. I agree and it was the reason that I asked because it just didn''t look ''right'' somehow. Thanks for your input. The seller has told me that it''s a ''late'' European cut. I''m not convinced.
Me neither.
11.gif
I''d pass.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
It could be transitional, I think I see a culet, but the picture isn''t very good.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here, I lightened it up. Definitely has some "resemblance" of arrows...

unknownstone1.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for that Ellen.

Could this be transitional? I see a culet also.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 4:41:12 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Thanks for that Ellen.

Could this be transitional? I see a culet also.
Welcome!

I dunno. In all the older stones I''ve seen in real life and on here, I''ve never seen one with "arrows". But I spose anything is possible....

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I would guess at a traditional round brilliant that happens to have been cut with a small culet. The culet is the only thing that leans toward "antique" in the stone.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here’s a diamcalc model of it. (Gotta love DiamCalc). The lower girdle facets are a little short and it’s got a culet but otherwise it’s a pretty modern stone. It probably wasn''t cut yesterday but a modern cutter could have done it. Are there any clues through the mounting or the history?

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

loving2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Neil!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neil - thank you SO much. I think your DiamCalc has got it nailed!!!! It''s being sold as an OEC but I just had a gut feeling it wasn''t "right". The setting I think is either antique or a replica but there''s no other history unfortunately. As I''m looking for an OEC I''ll pass on this one. It''s a shame because I quite like that it''s slightly unusual but ........... thanks again for your wonderful help.

Thank you to everybody else - mystery solved!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results