shape
carat
color
clarity

Help in deciding b/t 2 diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babba

Rough_Rock
I'm at the end of my process, and am trying to decide b/t 2 diamonds. Any help would be much appreciated.

Both are GIA certified, round brilliant.
#1: 1.52 carat; 61.5% depth, 58% table; D; SI1; polish: good; symmetry: good; no fluorescence or culet; thin to medium, faceted girdle.

#2: 1.53 carat; 63.4% depth, 54% table; F; VS1; very good, very good; no fluorescence or culet; thin to medium, faceted girdle.

The price for each is about the same, around $13,000 (#1 is slightly cheaper), and is not the issue for me. I just want to pick the better diamond. Thanks for your help.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Could you also post Measurements? It'd also help if you can ask you vendor for Sarin or Megascope measurements of crown and pavilion angles.

babba

Rough_Rock
Thanks for responding. I've included the measurements (and the other info) below:

Both are GIA certified, round brilliant.
#1: 1.52 carat; 61.5% depth, 58% table; D; SI1; polish: good; symmetry: good; no fluorescence or culet; thin to medium, faceted girdle; 7.39-7.43x4.56 mm.

#2: 1.53 carat; 63.4% depth, 54% table; F; VS1; very good, very good; no fluorescence or culet; thin to medium, faceted girdle; 7.35-7.42x4.68 mm.

Hope this helps. (I don't have the other info yet.) Thanks again.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Without crown and pavilion angles I can only speculate...

Stone #2 might be a bit deep (63.4% total depth). It might be light leaking stone but without crown and pavilion angles there is no way to be more specific.

It also have smaller diameter. Tolkowsky stone of that carat size would be 7.49 mm in diameter - not 7.39 mm.

babba

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help. Guess I have to make a big decision now.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Try to arrange independent appraiser to look at them and help you to make a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results