shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! I''m worried ab my rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sebcannon

Rough_Rock
I am so scared that my 2 curved WBs that will flank my halo e-ring will wear it down. My e-ring has such an ornate & intricate profile that is soooo beautiful & I love it, but I''m afraid it is going to get ruined by my WB''s. Has this happened to anyone else??? What did you do? Is there any way of keeping this from happening? I was actually thinking of some sort of "coating" that could be put on the inside of each WB to keep it from rubbing & eroding the e-ring...is this possible? Any input you guys have would be fab!!! Thanks!

Here is my ring''s profile:

my baby a.JPG

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Soldering them together will be the only way to prevent it. I had a set that was engraved on all sides, after just 2 years of wearing them (only to work at an office job), I could see a big difference on the sides that touched. They were 18kt white gold, so I don''t know if different metals would make a difference. I hated the wear, and didn''t want to have them stuck together, so I got new rings without the engraving. Your ring is so pretty, I think it would be fine on it''s own without wedding bands, or wear the wedding band on your other hand.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
personally I''m so over wearing more than one ring... the ring I''m having made will be a stand alone and a ring like yours, definitely can hold her own!! If I *really* wanted the look of a w-band I would have it added permanently to the ring by a jeweler. Otherwise, I''d have a plain band I kept in a drawer for times I couldn''t wear the diamond. Or maybe wear the plain band on my right hand. I plan to wear my old rings on my right and my new ring on my left.

I really like the idea of wedding bands being the star attraction in a way... the e-rings take all the glory from the ring we make our vows with and some w bands are just after thoughts that on their own don''t look right. But who cares which hand you wear it on... wear it on your right :) Or use the big honken diamond ring as your wedding ring... hehe that''s what I''d do!!!

Oleander

Shiny_Rock
I suggest wearing your engagement ring on your right hand and wedding band on your left. I think this is a common problem with larger or more ornate e-rings, it''s hard to add the wedding band to the mix. I would hate to solder the rings and lose the view of that lovely detail work.

sebcannon

Rough_Rock
Yeah...I''m def not too keen on soldering my rings together b/c like you said, the side view of my ring is too pretty to be blocked! And I am kinda traditional & really wanna wear my WB on my left hand where it is supposed to be as well as my e-ring....ugh what a predicament (sp?) I''m in huh? lol! I dunno what I''ll do & I wont even be wearing the bands for over a year (Nov 17th ''07 to be exact) but I just can''t stop thinking ab it now! Thanks for all your ideas & input tho!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd either solder the wedding ring, you're not going to see the side view when you're wearing it anyway or wear it as a stand alone. it's commanding enough all by itself and then get some other type of band to wear on your right hand. that or you just going to have to take the risk on any potential damage. You might also try a tiffany knife edge or really thin plain band to wear that might work next to your e-ring.

ETA: you can always have them unsoldered if you tried it and didn't like it.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Do u already have these wedding bands or are they just what you want to have? If I were you i''d probably go for a plainer thin curved band and wear just one with that ering. It''s sooo interesting and large that I wouldn''t want anything to detract from it, but I would still want a wedding band.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe someone has a picture but I have heard of spacer bands. I believe they are just small plain bands of 1mm width or something which you wear between the two rings. Spacer bands could probably be engraved too with little line pattern or something.

I don't think I have heard of curved spacer bands though, although they could be custom made I assume.

Here is a link about spacer band:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-is-the-thinnest-non-custom-platinum-spacer-ring-avaliable.29966/=

sebcannon

Rough_Rock
I don''t have these rings yet, but my FI is going to need to get them soon b/c they are ging to be discontinued or whatever. I really love the look of these rings w/ my e-ring. They match just perfectly. What I''m thinking may be my best bet is to maybe just get one of the curved bands & have a tiny plain lil curved spacer band b/w it & my e-ring. I wonder how this would look? The curve tho would have to fit around my halo but then also have to fit inside the curve of the WB...so I don''t even know if this would work??? I want to wear this e-ring forever...I never want to upgrade it...down the road I will get a RHR & other stuff like that, but I want to ALWAYS have this as my e-ring b/c I love it so much & it is so special to me.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly I don''t think that would look all that good. Your ring looks like a pretty large setting and the joy of the curved band is that it will hug the halo perfectly and blend in with it. A spacer will rub against your ring just the same as the wedding band. I mean I was uinder the impression that as long as you weren''t mixing platinum with white gold that the general wear and tear of rings rubbing together was ok. The only other issue i''ve heard of is people with like certain eternity bands, their diamonds are exposed and the setting of the ering can rub against the actual diamond of the band. Other than that I think it''s ok. Most peoples rings rub together. I would suggest maybe asking someone at the jewelry store your getting them from? Are the sold specifically to go together? My ering and band rub against each other and i''ve never had an issue. They are platinum. I would go back in if you can and maybe try all 3 on again and play around with them, like try just one on the bottom and see if you like that, or what have you. If you got both you could still just wear one from time to time if you wanted to show off that side detailing.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I would want to wear a band too. Traditional that way.....

Anyway, maybe can you have them hooked in the back, not soldered, where it can hold a wedding band, a little bit away from the ering??

Hard to describe what I am talking about.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Hey is this the kind of look your going for, like on this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-micropave.49416/

But with two bands? You can see that she has only one band but it still looks really good. Maybe you could ask her if she has any wear & tear? If you got both bands you could wear two when you wanted that look or just one on a day when you want to show off that gorgeous side!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Sebcannon, have you ever seen how some vintage wedding sets had a hinged hook-like thing in the w-band that keeps the rings together? I wonder if you could have something like that added to your rings, so that they''d stay in place when you wear them together but could still be worn separately. Maybe someone knows where to find a picture of what I''m talking about.

sebcannon

Rough_Rock
Dev- yes that is totally the look I''m going for! I love that set & just love the look...that is the ONLY curved band like that I hve seen on PS. I wish more ppl had pics!

Christa- I''m not real sure what you are talking ab but if anyone has any pics I would love to see what this hinge thing is.

sebcannon

Rough_Rock

pearheaven

Rough_Rock
The enlarged product view looks different from the photo posted w/ your profile - do you have a top view with the ring on your finger?

Before I saw the "product view photo" MHO was ....
You have a stunning ER - why hide the intricate and beautiful sides with 2 WBs? Your ring stands on its own and makes a statement. You may also want to consider how the additional width would look on your finger.

But now I am not sure...sorry - not too much help.
26.gif

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
I was sooo in love with your ering I found the link to it earlier hahaha. I love the band that you picked out it looks perfect! It seems really delicate from the picture and what the carat weight is. At only 1/8ct it shouldn''t be too bulky at all! I like the idea you have at just $200 a band getting 2 is not a bad idea at all. On the days you feel like blinging it up wear both bands, or on a day you feel like you don''t want as much or want to show off the side of the ring you can just wear the one band like in the other girls thread. I think it''s perfect!

When you tried it on in the store did it sit snugly against your halo? I honestly think with that band your band and ering will rub less than mine even does. Gorgeous!

sebcannon

Rough_Rock
Yes they sit perfectly snug as best I could tell since the WB''s were way too big & would have to be sized down. I like the idea of blinging it up or down too. I''m hoping if I have them fitted very snuggly that they wont move around or rub as much. And my FI def loves the $200 each pricetag! They just match my e-ring perfectly. I just pray they wont wear my e-ring down!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results