shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I''m so confused...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kent

Rough_Rock
I logged on to this site a few days ago, and have absorbed tons of info (H&A, AGS 0, etc.) about diamonds. Unfortunately, I don''t need or want all this info. All I want to do is buy something big, white, and sparkly. 2ct. and less than $15K What''s the solution???

DiehardSearcher

Rough_Rock
Go to your local maul jeweler and tell them that. They can find one for you, no worries.

Good luck!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/12/2003 4:37
6.gif
3 PM Kent wrote:

I logged on to this site a few days ago, and have absorbed tons of info (H&A, AGS 0, etc.) about diamonds. Unfortunately, I don't need or want all this info. All I want to do is buy something big, white, and sparkly. 2ct. and less than $15K What's the solution???
----------------

Take a deep breath Kent *and* DHS.

Everyone wants this end result. Unfortunately, the journey can be full of overload.

You need to decide your parameters for the rest of the 3 "c's".

In doing a quick "Pricescope" search, to obtain a 2carat stone under 15k, you are looking at a G/SI1 or H/VS2. Both are nice stones. Be sure to get a very good make.

Good luck. .......calling Mara to the rescue!

Kent

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I think that's what I'm looking for - G/H, SI1, doesn't have to be H&A, but should be an excellent cut.

...big, white, sparkly...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Do a search on pricescope, look at stones w/ decent parameters & start investigating. Also, find a vendor that you are comfortable working with.

The hardest & most confusing time in the process is taking the leap from reading to exercising your knowledge.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
DON'T LISTEN TO DIEHARD... ADVICE!!
Don't go to the mall! You deserve sooooooooooo much better!!
A VERY quick research shows you could get a G-H VS 2-SI 1 or I VS... Now it's very late here, but I promise you that tomorrow I'll search a few very nices stones for ya!
1.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hey kent,

are you the type to buy any ol' car you see without researching it a little? is your only criteria for buying that "it looks puuurrrty"? if so, have i got a nice shiny bridge to sell you.
2.gif

just kidding. in all seriousness, of course you don't. then why would you use all that hard-earned money without knowing you bought the best you could for the money. and the only way to do so is by doing your research. i know it can be a daunting task, but believe me, the rewards are plenty. it also becomes fun finding out how little those "maul" salespersons actually know about what they're selling.

one quick way, as long as you trust our opinions, is to use pricescope and enter some quick criteria. it will spit back a list of potential diamonds and their dealers. and most of them have had great reviews from the people here on the forum so i don't think you will make a bad decision.

or contact some of the dealers who have always gotten rave reviews here on the forum. these include: niceice.com, goodoldgold.com, superbcert.com, whiteflash.com. any one of them will bend over backwards to make sure you are happy with your purchase and that you are getting the best you can for your budget. let them do the legwork for you if you don't want to hassle too much. they will be more than happy to do so.

above all, enjoy the experience. it's not as stressful as you might think and can be fun!

good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results