shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!!! I''m hooked

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JustLooking

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I''ve been hanging around this forum for over two weeks now and I''m hooked. I''ve learned so much on this forum and it really helped me with my diamond purchase. I''ve already bought my diamond from affordable diamonds online over a week ago and the setting is getting made and set right now at Simayof in San Francisco. I bought my diamond in a rush because I needed it by this weekend when I go to Hawaii (going to pop the question there), so I was a little nervous after I bought the diamond. I wasn''t able to get any pictures of the rock through any of the scopes but thanks to the HCA and Rich Sherwood''s comments helped alleviate some of the concerns that I had. The diamond looks unbelievable and I can''t be any happier.

Round 1.3
VVS1
color G
Depth 61.8
Table 56
Crown angle 34.5
Pavil angle 40.8
girdle medium
Polish excellent
Symmetry excellent
Flor Faint

Since I was in a rush, I didn''t get a chance to bring the diamond to an appraiser but the jeweler at Simayof said it was the correct diamond because he checked the lazer inscription and it matched the GIA. I still plan to take it to an appraiser after I get back from Hawaii. Need the ring appraised anyways because I need to get insurance.

Well, I better shutup now before I start boring all of you.
snore.gif
I just wanted to say that this forum is really addictive and I find myself checking this forum everyday and I can''t seem to stop reading all the post. I''m even going back to really old post and find myself just reading everything. So thank you to the creator of this forum and all the experts that post here because this forum wouldn''t be what it is without all of you.
appl.gif

Jimmy (not looking anymore but will definately still be reading this forum)

rockabuy

Rough_Rock
congrats on you purchase. im going to hiwaii next month and i hope to propose there as well if i ever get my setting situation resolved!! It is reassuring that you dont have insurance yet because i know I probably wont have time to get insurance myself.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
I just wanted to say that this forum is really addictive and I find
myself checking this forum everyday and I can't seem to stop reading
all the post.
-----------

Heh heh heh... It is a lot of fun, isn't it?

Congratulations on your purchase Jimmy. You did some smart shopping there. It was fun helping you check it out.

Congratulations on this new phase of your life too. Marriage is great. Kids are great too. Have lots of them. You'll never regret it.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Jimmy to you and your intended!

It is a whole new phase in your life. 22 years, 3 kids, 2 cats, and much more later, every day continues to bring something new. Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you'll get. Enjoy!

I hear ya about being addicted to this site. I check it regularly too. It's like a little community. Many Thanks to the site creator, experts, and knowledgeable folk who help us newbies make informed diamond purchase decisions, let us hang out, and swap stories/info with each other.

About the kids.... Bill Cosby said, "You aren't a real parent unless you have more than one child." Being parents of twins, we believe you aren't a real parent unless you have multiples. LOL
2.gif

clementine

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Jimmy! I'm addicted too! My husband thinks I'm nuts, but I'm learning soooo much from everyone. I haven't bought yet, but I'm getting close. I have told at least 3 or 4 people about this forum and how great it is!

15 years and 3 kids later and we're still going strong!
love.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stone sounds beautiful!! Definitely post some pictures after your return from Hawaii. Good luck and pre-congrats...I am sure it will all go well.

Also if you are unsure what you plan to do for insurance, check out the more recent posts on Chubb and State Farm and Farmers that have been floating around. We finally just got our ring insured last week and after an exhaustive research time we decided on Chubb for their 'cut a check' no hassle policy vs. slightly lower premiums but potential hassles at other ins. co's. Many opinions in the posts, so if you need more info before you buy yours, check out the archives.

Oh and if you want a price comparison to start with, for $16k of insurance, Chubb in the Bayarea (SF) is $304 a year and State Farm is around $215.

1.gif
Good luck!!

clementine

Shiny_Rock
Mara- did you go through a local insurance agency or directly through Chubb for you insurance?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went directly through Chubb at this phone #: 877.972.8282. I had heard that going through Chubb agents could get confusing, and that some people were getting the runaround and/or being told they don't insure jewelry unless it's attached to another policy, etc.

I just called that # and said I wanted to insure a ring and earrings. They price on geography and the $$ amount of insurance. So anyone in the Bayarea with $16k of insurance is paying the $304. I tried to get them to negogiate, but she didn't budge. In the end it was only slightly more than State Farm per year and we liked the peace of mind.

Good luck!
1.gif

JustLooking

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kind words and support.

Mara, thanks for the info on Chubb I'll look into it when I get back from Hawaii. Hope nothing happens from now till then.
errrr.gif
knock on wood.

rockabuy...
do you know where and how you plan to propose? I'm poping the question this weekend but I'm not sure to either do it at dinner at La Mar restaurant at Sunset or after dinner walking on the beach.
confused.gif
I guess I'll know when the time is right when I'm there.
Good luck with your ring and your proposal.

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results