carat
color
clarity

Help identifying this makers hallmark

MaraGrace

Rough_Rock
IMG_5332.jpg
Hello,

I'm thinking of buying these pearls online, but I cannot make out the maker of these pearls. The clasp is stamped 14k with what looks like a M, but not the Mikimoto M.

Thank you!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It looks like a fairly standard sort of ball clasp so the mark may be the manufacturer of the finding.
Note that there is no french wire/gimp

MaraGrace

Rough_Rock
Oh, I just noticed that....

I'm looking for an inexpensive strand of good pearls that I can restrand into a bracelet.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Why not buy a loose strand then and a clasp separately?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
It's just the hallmark of the manufacturer of the clasp, It's odd they didn't add gimp/ french wire to the clasp ends. Can we see the pearls?

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It's a trade mark, not a hall mark. A hall mark is an assay mark made by one of the legally constituted assay offices (including Goldsmith's Hall in London, as a permanent confirmation of the date and purity of a specified metal, with also the sponsor mark of the maker)
In the UK most gold and some silver as well as other precious metals over certain weights must, by law, be assayed and hallmarked before sale.

MaraGrace

Rough_Rock
It's just the hallmark of the manufacturer of the clasp, It's odd they didn't add gimp/ french wire to the clasp ends. Can we see the pearls?

Here are the pictures in the listing. What do you think?
E IMG_5406.PNG
IMG_5407.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5406.jpg
    IMG_5406.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 38

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
7mm? How long was the strand? Did you buy them yet?

MaraGrace

Rough_Rock
7mm? How long was the strand? Did you buy them yet?

The necklace is 23" long, and the pearls are 7.5 mm . No, I haven't yet but I might because they're on sale. I'm super curious

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
7mm is very small for many of us here on this forum. I wear much larger but that is just me. Have you put a strand of 7mm draped over your wrist to see if that is the look you're looking for? This size is available as a necklace in many stores. Depending on the cost it's either a good deal or a bad deal for the baroque akoyas.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a 7.5 Akoya necklace on my 7.5 inch wrist.
IMG_9106.JPG

MaraGrace

Rough_Rock
7mm is very small for many of us here on this forum. I wear much larger but that is just me. Have you put a strand of 7mm draped over your wrist to see if that is the look you're looking for? This size is available as a necklace in many stores. Depending on the cost it's either a good deal or a bad deal for the baroque akoyas.

I will (hopefully) be restranding these into a double strand bracelet. I think 7mm will be just right?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you're happy with the outcome. What clasp are you buying to do this?

MaraGrace

Rough_Rock
I hope you're happy with the outcome. What clasp are you buying to do this?

I ended up buying them, and they're being delivered today. I'm anxious to see them in person :shock: but for the price, I'm not too worried. In CA, do you know any jewelers who sell clasps? Or good quality online sellers?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I am in CA also. Bella findings sister store in downtown LA Gempacked.com They have great prices and have lots to choose from. Also Rio Grande has a nice selection. They are in AZ.

MaraGrace

Rough_Rock
They've just been delivered. Kind of hard to photograph, but they're rose tone. The surface of them seems to be for the most part smooth, but from the akoyas I've seen, I'm pretty happy with their luster :) definitely not AAA, but not that bad either !
But there smaller than I thought. I'll have to triple strand these give my sis the pizaz on her wedding day

Ooh, anywhere in LA is perfect! Thank you. (While were on the topic, do you know where I can find loose golden SS pearls?)

IMG_5505.JPG

IMG_5504.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results