shape
carat
color
clarity

Help identifying this diamond cut

ahoward

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am considering a ring with a stone cut that I haven't seen before and I'm struggling to figure out what it is. It looks to be square-cornered (though it's bezel set so I can't guarantee this) with a step cut crown and a brilliant cut pavilion. The ring looks to be Art Deco but the cut is throwing me.

I do like the cut as the simple facets don't lead to too much sparkle (I usually shy away from diamonds for this reason).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ring.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

I am considering a ring with a stone cut that I haven't seen before and I'm struggling to figure out what it is. It looks to be square-cornered (though it's bezel set so I can't guarantee this) with a step cut crown and a brilliant cut pavilion. The ring looks to be Art Deco but the cut is throwing me.

I do like the cut as the simple facets don't lead to too much sparkle (I usually shy away from diamonds for this reason).

Ring.jpg
It looks like a proper antique cut to me - @diagem might be best placed to confirm, as he knows his historic cuts!

It looks like it might have a step-cut crown and a Peruzzi cut pavilion??

Maye it's a Old Single Cut with a culet?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...history.svg/320px-Diamond_cut_history.svg.png

Funnyface850

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

Ring.jpg

I believe it’s a French cut. I have an eternity band with similar stones.

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe it’s a French cut. I have an eternity band with similar stones.

I don’t think French cuts have the same faceting on the outer edges as this one is showing. This one has a much busier girdle area & think @OoohShiny maybe right in that there is some Peruzzi in here. I think it’s a seriously older cut. The table to a Frenchie is an an angle to the girdle & not parallel.

@ahoward It’s super eye catching & stunning, but in an understated way. If you do go in to buy it, please come back to post many more pictures!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it might be what Diagem called a Peruzzi cut? Grace has a few on her website, or she did recently. It’s a type of really early mine cut.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a very beautiful ring. Definitely antique and original.
Do check the Emeralds for chips and/ or cracks and if present ask for an appropriate discount. Check all gems are tight in the setting using a fingernail to see if any gems will wiggle under your fingernail. It’s usually expensive and difficult to repair bezels on antique rings and It would be expensive and difficult to “replace” a single emerald (or more) in the ring, usually the colour matching is a problem and you’d need it specifically cut to match

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results