shape
carat
color
clarity

Help identifying the lab based on laser inscription please!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone!

My friend has a ring she wishes to sell off, and I suggested she first get the lab report for the diamond before we do anything else.

This is the picture of the laser inscription, but darn if I know which lab this belongs to. If anyone can shed light on this, it would be greatly appreciated!

View rece.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Its not coming up for GIA, AGSL or IGI.
My guess is one of the out of business egl labs.
Do you know anything about the stone: weight? grading?

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Its not coming up for GIA, AGSL or IGI.
My guess is one of the out of business egl labs.
Do you know anything about the stone: weight? grading?

Sadly I was never involved with this purchase, my friend thinks it's just under a carat and it was from a mall jewelry store that has gone out of business.

All I know is they were massively ripped off paying $14k for it. She's not a jewelry person, and unsure of what the color/cut/clarity ratings may have been graded as.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would probably get a basic appraisal to get an idea what it is then decide if its worth sending out for a grading report.
Generally second hand diamonds sell faster and for more money with a grading report but it depends on the specs.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If it's over about a carat and better than terrible, a new report will probably benefit her anyway. GIA will do work for anyone who will pay them or you can get your jeweler or appraiser to help. It's not even all that expensive. The bigger and better the stone, the more it'll help.
www.gia.edu

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results